Completed Babies

When your baby is complete and you send him/her home do they go home dressed in something “special” or a simple sleeper? I find that no matter how I send baby home, mommy always changes them out. Think I am going simple from here on out.

2 Likes

I send them home with whichever layette “speaks” to me for the baby. I usually send at least two outfits. Sometimes it’s a sleeper or gown and “day” outfit. Sometimes it’s two “day” outfits.

2 Likes

I dress them in a sleeper to protect the vinyl as much as possible.

2 Likes

I usually send 2 outfits (plus accessories) and something cozy to sleep in, which is what I send them home in for protection during shipping.

1 Like

I also include several outfits but dress them in a sleeper.

Simply a sleeper and wrapped in a blanket with a pacifier, a small extra-soft toothbrush, a certificate, a photo card, care sheet, and COA (if there is one). My price does not cover anything else and I have no complaints. I photograph them in a white onesie or in the sleeper they come in. The few reviews I have gotten have indicated that the customers were happy receiving a simple baby for a reduced price. Most would rather not pay for someone else’s taste in clothes and toys.

8 Likes

That is what I am thinking. Everyone has their own taste as to how they wish to display their babies.

2 Likes

No matter what I send baby with, I always put baby in a sleeper with hat (diaper on head as well) and usually mittens as well.
This just helps keep baby protected during shipping.
Plus it’s simple.
Usually in addition to the above, I send a day outfit, paci, extra diapers

1 Like

I send them with one or two outfit depending on what I have on hand. I put socks and mitts if it’s not a sleeper. It’s usually comfy clothing.

I just go by what works the cutest for the specific baby, sometimes comfy other times more dressy. Specially for the girls. In addition i send a few outfits, paci, paperwork ect.

1 Like

I think since everyone has such different ‘likes’ in clothes, it is best to send the baby home in something simple (like a one piece sleeper) or a undershirt and diaper and just include the sleeper. I don’t mail babies but if I did, I would keep it simple. The price that babies are selling for these days I don’t know how a large layette is even possible (unless you are selling a baby for a ‘goodly’ amount of money). People aren’t going to appreciate YOUR choice of clothing anyway. JMO

3 Likes

I can only speak as a collector, but I prefer babies arriving in simple clothing. My first was sent in a sleeper, in a blanket, wrapped in bubble wrap. She had several outfits sent with her and I actually use them all, but her original sleeper is so sweet she wears it a lot.

My second doll came in a foo foo dress and I gave it away. Was really not my taste at all. And my third came in a simple short sleeved onesie but she was a booboo and priced / shipped accordingly.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t take it personally that they immediately change their clothes. I think it’s just the excitement and process of bonding with a new baby. It’s just part of the fun. :slight_smile: If anything I would be slightly concerned if one didn’t. It would display a lack of interest IMO.

4 Likes

I don’t sell for much money, so I keep it very basic. I dress them in a diaper and a simple outfit, usually a sleeper, to cover them up properly. I put a hat on them, and then wrap them in a cheap fleece baby blanket. I tie it off with a ribbon and if they come with a pacifier, I hang it from the ribbon. Everything costs me less than €10.

I made the mistake of sending a doll home with several outfits just once. It was my excitement, I guess. As soon as she got her home, the new mom instantly put different clothes on her, none of them the ones I gave. Such a waste of money.

Later on I even sold one in a plain white onesie, when the new mom came to pick her up.

1 Like

I typically send two outfits, sometimes more, mainly my customs (Im very picky on who I do customs for) I will send more home. I always pack all my babies to go home in a sleeper and wrapped in their blanket with a zebra lovey.

2 Likes

Hmm, I think I need to reconsider what I include. I include all outfits that I take their photos in and some times more, as I felt that’s it deceiving to ship a baby without something that was shown in the photos. The only baby that I stated that it will be ‘my choice’ outfit was Brittany as she stayed with me for 5 month and we progressed from a summer dress to a winter outfit. The funniest part that I sent her to Miami with
a winter outfit included and realized the irony of that after a box was shipped. :rofl:

6 Likes

I know what you are saying about scents. I cannot stand a baby powder smell in anything. I don’t know why so many RA put those wafers inside the baby thinking that is ‘smells like a real baby’. No it’s not! It makes me itchy and sneezy and I can’t breathe.

3 Likes

I adore baby powder scented things, and even bought baby powder puppy shampoo for Sparrow BUT I don’t include scented things of any kind with my dolls unless requested. I’m sensitive to a lot of common smells and I don’t want to trigger anyone else. I don’t even wash the clothes I send them with, I buy clothes brand new and send them as is. I’m allergic to multiple kinds of laundry soaps and fabric softeners and hate the ones that smell strongly, and I would hate to have a new mom not be able to hold the doll because of these things.

2 Likes

I use dreft baby laundry soap on all baby clothes.
I also don’t include a wafer unless they state it’s ok.

Granted I don’t have any keeper babies yet, but personally I would like just simple.
Dress baby in a cute sleeper with a paci, wrapped for travel. Simple! Maybe a cute outfit, extra diaper but that’s about it.
It’s exciting shopping for a baby! I get it, I’ve went overboard before lol
However with so many different tastes and styles, it’ll be hard to get what they like/use unless you ask. When I do a custom doll I’ve asked buyers what themes they like and such and try to send items that match what they like.
Plus if I’m buying a baby, I’m buying a baby, not tons of clothes. Lol
I think the box opening experience is because of the cute videos on YouTube lol, I watch em myself! The more items added tho the more the cost goes up (or it should)
You’ll also get those on a lower budget but want a huge box opening.
I offer a extra box opening for a additional fee. That way if they want that experience, they can add it but for those that don’t, they don’t have to pay for it.

5 Likes

I’ve only sold four babies so far (always feel like I need to make that clear, lol) so maybe my input doesn’t mean much, but three of them were sent only with what they had on and the other had one extra outfit included just because I knew I probably wouldn’t be painting that size baby again. They do get sent with a newbaby blanket, and one went with a pair of shoes, but for the reasons already stated by other posters I keep it very simple. It keeps things cheaper for both of us, and odds are we won’t have the same taste in clothing.

Now coming from the POV of someone who has purchased two dolls, I can say my preference is for receiving only the doll and the clothes he or she has on. Box openings can be beautiful, but I can’t stand clutter.

2 Likes