Complaining

Thank you for posting the link. I didn’t want to presume it was ok without asking first. You explained it well, kind but firm.

1 Like

Jen has a much followed channel, this is LiVE video so people get to comment while she is taping. It’s fun but difficult for the person making the video, they have to chat, keep hands busy and try to interact at the same time, it’s like juggling.

I loved Romper Room, I waited for her to say my name every time!

2 Likes

I hear you! And since we are venting I’m sick of seeing millions of facebook posts from people looking for a reborn around $100. What irks me is they get all kinds of responses for dolls at that price. Those people would be better off buying a Berenguer or walmart doll that will have way more detail then the crap they are about to purchase at that price.

9 Likes

Me too! But she never said it because my name was not popular back then. Ironically, it is now. I bet she would look through her badminton racket and say it now. :laughing:

2 Likes

DONT back down on your prices. As a doll maker/photographer/ graphic artist and I also work in shipping I get this every day from each one of those categories. You run a business. Just like your example no one is going to walk up to target and get something for the price they want because they cannot afford it at full price. Don’t back down because they will take advantage of you. If you reduce the price or even just give them more for the price they will complain and say you didn’t do enough. Anyone who asks for cheaper prices are not your ideal client

8 Likes

As a buyer, your prices do not need to be dropped. Your artist work and detail is out of this world. I dealt with this same thing as customer service for 20+ years. The customer is not always right. It is very hard to be tactful. I have had to tell customers many times everything is correct. Your babies are worth the price.

4 Likes

amen to that.

1 Like

Thank you.

The only babies I discount are babies that sit for a while (just not the most popular sculpt) or babies that I tried a new technique or brand of mohair or are frankly just not up to my standards.

I sold Big June for a lot less than I would have or could have because I tried doing. full root over painted hair and it just ruined everything. It wasn’t terrible but it was much better before I rooted that head.

I am still going to raise my prices next year a bit because I am not paying myself for time like I should be and I lose on shipping every time.

7 Likes

I agree you should raise your prices. You should have seen the mess I made of Darren a gift for my daughter in law. I was in tears. I tried to fix everything. He was made with love. If she is disappointed, I may try again or just buy one from one of the talented artists here.

2 Likes

@Evee I saw your Darren. Why is he a mess?

1 Like

The eyebrows I tried to root left pinholes. I used peach prisma pencil to fill in and not as noticeable. I stripped his face twice because of the pinholes. Just an FYI on prisma pencil I used for creases around his eyes. I used magenta then purple dahlia on top of magenta. After I put clear gloss on the eyelids and the crease at the corner of the eye, it turned a peach color. The more I look at it, the more I like it. It may not be right for everyone.

2 Likes

Thank you, I need to see this Darren, I may have seen him before but I don’t retail data very well.

@Gabriell

2 Likes

@Gabriell

Thank you so much. I will try that if this ever happens again. I am not going to try and root eyebrows any more. I learned my lesson.

This is a sweet baby. I have melted tops of heads, accidentally cut off fingers, sliced through eyes, melted a nose with a heat gun, accidentally made grey and purple babies, I won’t even get into poor Emmy the Toddler…I totally ruined her.

I tell you honestly each of those things taught me something important and helped me make a better baby next time.

Some of those most “imperfect” babies are the most precious.

I love that you didn’t give up and kept trying to find a way to solve a problem.

I think that baby turned pretty sweet.

5 Likes

I’ve seen people put in their listing that if they are contacted about free or discounted babies, they will not answer and will block. If you stay consistent with that, hopefully you would get less inquiries. If you don’t engage and block them, it’s less stress on you too. I’m sure it is difficult not to answer them, as there is a desire to educate. I haven’t started publicly selling, but I think engaging with these people would just stress me out.

3 Likes

Google reborn toddler assembly and you’ll find some tutorials that will show you.

I had this saved on my computer… does it help?

5 Likes

I believe she has Adele by Ping Lau. She has a full upper torso with a ball jointed neck and 3 connectors.

3 Likes