Combi Hair......Let's see them

May I please see your combi hair babies. I’m working on a baby now that for some reason his prisma hair is giving me the blues all across the back of his head and too be honest I’m just tired of messing with him. He’s the same one I’ve been having all the vinyl issues with.
I was thinking about doing rooted hair in the back, but have only ever seen combi hair with the hair rooted on top, so I wonder if it would look funky.

3 Likes

LOVE the top one @Sony72 :heart:

1 Like

Actually… I love all of them!

3 Likes

Thank you. I want to do something like the photo of the last baby. Does he have hair rooted in the back also, or is it hair rooted in the crown and combed down toward the back?

1 Like

@cherielynn09 does awesome combo hair! Maybe she will share?

5 Likes

Here are a few I have done. I have never fully rooted the back of painted hair, but rather just sparsely and very randomly root over the whole head as I did with Angel Auer.

With Seraphina…I rooted heavier in the crown and top of head, but did do sparse rooting around the sides and on the back.

Serenity is only rooted on the top of the head.

22 Likes

Beautiful hair and babies!

Beautiful, Cherie! :heart_eyes:

I want to try my first combi (out of necessity lol), but I’ve always loved the way they look. I’m guessing it should work just as well with prisma as it does with painting right?

@cherielynn09. All of your babies are beautiful, but I especially love the last 3 photos. Are the 2 close-ups the head of the baby on the bottom?

1 Like

You are soooooo awesome!!!

I love her babies!

1 Like

This is the one I just sold, Sophia Felina from the “Matthew” Pigott sculpt.

5 Likes

Oh I remember when you were doing this one. She came out really nice. Is her hair just rooted in the crown and on top or sparsely around the whole head? .

Hers is just rooted from the crown to the front and the back of her head is almost baldie prisma. There is prisma under the hair too if I remember right. (I just sent her out so I can’t check.)

1 Like

THat’s what my little guys head sounds like, cause the pencil won;t draw in certain spots on the back of his head. Right now he looks like the babies who have the rubbed bald heads in the back, hes got hair above and below the balding area lol. SO just to be sure I’m going about this correctly. I’ve got the prisma down on his head already, but I think I’m supposed to seal it first before I start rooting right? Then when I start rooting I’ll just need to root in the direction of the prisma hair on the top….do I start from the front hairline going back or from the crown coming forward……or does it matter? I’ve seen a bunch of rooting tutorials and have even purchased some, and they don’t follow the same rules, so I’m not sure if there really is a right/wrong way or if it’s more of a preference thing?

1 Like

Bumping. Thank you! @AnnieSokay

1 Like

1 Like

@Gabriell does some awesome combi hair.

3 Likes

Beautiful babies!

2 Likes