Clothing for 18-22" reborn baby girls

I sometimes find it very difficult to find the right clothing for the reborn baby girls.(18 -22" dolls). I like to dress them really fancy, but spending, for example, $40 or more for an outfit seems excessive. Also, I want the neck edge to fit, so the joint won’t show. Any suggestions? Thanks!

1 Like

You do have to be selective in clothing choices. I always dress the dolls in a white onesie, plus I get clothes where the neck fits snugly around the neck.

4 Likes

Like Amy said or, if you can sew, put little darts on the back edge of the neck opening to make it smaller. I find this works well on dresses for preemies.

3 Likes

I agree with Amy that you have to be selective. I love the Carter brand because they tend to be a little smaller around the neck especially the sleeper/pajamas. I have been crocheting since I was very young so I make a lot of my own outfits. This way I can size the neck line to what I need. It only cost me between 5-7$ to make them and I do use high quality baby yarn. It takes a little time, but I like being able to get the correct size and color combinations that I like.

3 Likes