Cloth diapering for reborns

We were discussing this elsewhere but I wanted to start a discussion just about this. I’ve ordered from Etsy for our keepers. Love them but they aren’t cheap. I’m going to add more that I find in comments here. I would much rather use cloth to wrap heads and legs and send on the baby as the diaper. I know it’s more expensive but I love something reusable!

The ones I have at home for the reborns, I can’t recommended these enough for keepers. You really only need one per doll and you could rotate them on dolls. The XS/newborn fits our 20” and our 23” dolls. Once I get my smaller kit out together I’ll let you all know how it fits. I’ll also search for other options in Etsy of course.

Other options I have found:
https://www.theluvyourbaby.com/products/kawaii-baby-newborn-pure-natural-pocket-cloth-diaper.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItOvEjfSn6gIVSr3ACh0frQyREAAYASAAEgIioPD_BwE

4 Likes

You can buy $6 - $15 diaper for you reborn if you wish, but no way I’ll spend that amount on a doll diaper that I am sending away.

5 Likes

No, I don’t plan to spend that kind of money for the ones I sell. Especially if I don’t know if they would even want one. I think for the ones I sell I’ll have to sew them myself and then only for those who want it. Otherwise I can do cheap prefolds/burp clothes so it would be reusable. I have only bought new diapers for my daughters. I have a huge box of bamboo flats and some nice prefolds and covers. They aren’t interested in those.

2 Likes

I cloth diapered my real baby boys! Super crunchy mama over here. I used pre-folds and diaper pins. My oldest is almost 16, so “back then” (uuuuggghhhh, time goes so fast!!) there were not as many options for cloth and the entire world thought you were nuts if you did cloth. Hahahaha! Quick funny side bar: We had a nurse at a well child visit ask why I diapered my baby in a towel. 🤦

If you ever wanted to go cloth, but a less expensive option, for (real or) reborns, use preemie or newborn pre-fold diapers. NOT the thin Gerber ones. Search NC cloth prefold diapers on Amazon. Just make sure you wash them first to get that cloth diaper “crinkle.” If you scroll down on that page, you’ll see the pins and covers we used in real life. :wink:

3 Likes

I cloth diapered all mine too. I loved it. My oldest is 11 and everyone thought I was nuts but I don’t care! We used pockets for her, then I did fitteds for my second. By my third baby I just got some really good flats and wool diaper covers. That was my favorite though it required more changes. I didn’t care though, I loved it. I was way more crunchy back then. I still try but I’m more lax about letting my husband do way more since I’m in school. The only “crunchy” thing he cares about is recycling and only because my girls are team #savetheturtles. :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you for the links! I’ve been wanting to switch over to cloth diapers for my keeper baby but I was having problems finding them small enough for his little chicken legs everything thing else was just way too big. :joy:🤦

3 Likes

My husband was so anti-cloth that he said he’d never change one! :skull: Son1 was 4.months old before he caved. By our second, he was showing the entire church nursery how to change one and the best tricks for getting the pins to slide through easily. :joy: He crunch-converted! :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Here’s a pattern that looks like the ones I ordered on Etsy.

2 Likes

I send my higher end babies home with cloth diapers :heart: For the rest of my babies, I use disposable diapers :heart:

3 Likes

I think it would be a great addition to add for more elaborate box openings for sure.

2 Likes

I just received a cloth diaper made by @ttulsajess very, very nice quality at a great price! She does patterns and colors, but I went with plain white, and it was exactly what I was looking for!

6 Likes

Alvababy.com has $5-$8 diapers if you can wait 4 weeks.
Amazon has alot under $10.
Cloth diaper groups on FB also have great deals and most are usually new never used.
I keep cloth on my keeper

2 Likes

Try these. These are newborn and definitely got smaller and trimmer than one size diapers.
I have a few of these and they’re snug on LouLou so would work well for a smaller baby

3 Likes

I am sad that I sold all my clothes diapers after my last baby ! some of them where new. Mostly KaWaii but some made here in Quebec that where perfect. I have a pattern, I just have enough work on my table right now that I forgot about it.

3 Likes

Thanks for all of the links. @Christen @SouthernLullabies
I am looking for them for my keepers. @YelenaRey

3 Likes

Your welcome. I kept trying to add more but it said I couldnt reply more than 3 times until someone else did lol
That’s what I always search, I haven’t paid more than $10 for any of the ones I have

3 Likes

You can edit a previous post and add more info to it. I do that often - especially if someone else has yet to respond to it. :+1:t3:

1 Like

I admire all the Moms who use cloth diapers on their real babies. Back in my day, (my baby is almost 39) we pretty much had to use cloth. I did manage to get Pampers (the only ones made then that I knew of) so I did not have to use cloth at church, etc. But, at home had to use cloth. Did not like it, but it was the way it was. Today, if I could afford disposable, I would not even think of cloth diapers for a real baby. Now, I am not being critical of anyone. As I said, I admire the moms who use them. But it’s not for me. Our grand daughter who had her baby in January wanted to use all cloth diapers (the newer kind I see samples of in this post). I hope she was able to get enough to use them exclusively. Everyone is different.

2 Likes

There are times when I use cloth diapers on my reborns I found these diaper clips a long time ago and I use them instead of using the diaper pens.

5 Likes

That’s what I always used on my kids! I love them!

1 Like