Christine Woolley Book worth it?

Hi Everyone, I’m still contemplating if I should get the Christine Woolley book only. I want a tutorial for mainly the hair mapping. That’s my biggest struggle. Will the book help? Thanks in Advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

I liked the book a lot. But I also got the whole set. Some of the stuff seems like common sense, but I would have never thought about it on my own. I can look when I get home to see what it says about mapping, but I’m pretty sure there’s a section.

It’s also just nice to have the pics to look at And compare as you’re painting

2 Likes

I bought both the blonde and brown books with the complete paint sets. I have used the paint, but I have not really done either tutorial. It might be my copy, but the pictures in the blonde book are not clear- the brown are though. The mapping is good, I just have not had time to paint hair her way yet. I am sure I can learn some good tips. It is the most comprehensive hair painting tutorial I have seen. As for the brushes, many like them, but I had already found brushes that work better for me. Hope that helps a little.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the info :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks so much!!! :blush: Thinking of getting the brown book. It takes me weeks to get the mapping right :tired_face: So I’m sure if it has clear pictures of the mapping it would be worth the purchase.

She does have good pictures and instructions for mapping. It has helped me even though I have not followed any of the rest of the tutorial. I probably should have said something about the blonde- the pictures are blurry and the ink used to print looks smudged.

What brushes have you found work the best? I’ve been struggling with a liner brush that likes to split at the tip.

I think I need to get this.

I like Black Gold by Dynasty. I will get a picture tomorrow.

1 Like

Thanks!