Okay, so I signed up for the challenge, opened her little peepers and started to paint. Well, the vinyl was rough where I had opened her eyes so I tried the old file trick…helped a little, but not much. Tried acetone and a q-tip. Nothing. So, I thought I’d try the x-acto knife again. Things were going GREAT, getting all smoothed out, getting the vinyl flat enough behind the eye sockets so I could hopefully get her eyes in SOMEDAY. After I’ve finished painting. And then…
I noticed one eye was ever so slightly bigger than the other.
Back to work with the x-acto knife…smoothing as I go, looks good ----
And I would love to say that I left good enough alone and continued painting and all’s well and oh boy, I can’t WAIT to show her off in the challenge.
I’d LOVE to say that, but I can’t. Her new head should be here Friday. She will NOT have open eyes.
End of story. sigh