Care Sheet

Hi ladies, I have a question regarding care instructions for reborns. I need to make up a Care sheet and was wondering if any of you can give me some tips on things to include. I am so afraid I may forget something important that they really must know as a new reborn owner. Also tips on mohair care (a must). I would appreciate any and all info that you may know that I could include,

This is what I put on mine.
Your new baby’s vinyl parts can be gently cleaned with a soft cloth and water. He/she should be kept out of direct sunlight and should not be exposed to extremes of hot or cold.
If his/her hair becomes tangled or matted, it can be detangled by spraying a baby brush with a conditioner such as Johnson’s No More Tangles (available everywhere) or Silken Child Leave In Conditioner (available on line from Sally Beauty Supplies) and gently brushing the hair from the bottom tips and gradually moving up until it is smooth again. Now you can style it as you wish and allow it to dry. A baby comb can be used but this should be done very gently so as not to pull out the hair. It has been carefully sealed from the inside but it’s not indestructible.
I also add:
A word of caution-Some people have had their car windows broken when they left their doll in the car and it was thought to be a real baby. I advise against leaving it unattended in any vehicle.
I also include a birth certificate and a separate sheet that describes the baby and how it was made, giving credit to the sculptor. I add a statement that the doll is NOT A TOY and does not meets child safety standards. So that’s it. I hope it’s helpful. Feel free to use any portion that you want.

4 Likes

There was a recent post about magnets and that they can interfere with pacemakers. That might be something to include so they don’t accidentally wipe their hard drive or put Grandpa in the hospital. :hushed:

3 Likes

i include that on my description page and I also put a pacemaker caution sign on the table at doll shows.

Perhaps tips on how to handle the doll? Pick up as you would a real baby by supporting the body and head. Do not pick it up by just an arm, leg or (eeek!) head.
Protect it from pets who may chew or shed or drool on it and young children.
Dark colored garments, shoes, headbands etc. may stain the vinyl, sometimes permanently.
Pens and markers should be kept far away for the same reason.
Do not put excess pressure on limbs or head as this may cause damage. (Yes, I know, but you never know what someone will try.)

1 Like