Canceled order because paypal has a hold on my account?

Doll making is expensive. Paypal thinks I’ve spent too much on dolls this month and has put a hold on my last 12 transaction. And thanks to BB not verifying my transaction as a legit purchase My paypal is completely messed up!

I’ve spent almost $1,000 this month at BB, so paypal sent a letter to BB asking if my latest purchase a legit purchase. So how did they respond? Did they write back saying they were a legit company and I ordered from them regularly? Did someone call me to ask what was up? Of course not. And here I was checking the mail for my BB shipment. BB not only cancels my order and do not even initiate a refund. SO paypal froze my account and issues a warning to everyone I’ve bought from my account was fraudulent. So now I’ve got a $225 in limbo from BB, $150 order of baby eyes from another company frozen and about $250 other ebay purchases hung up. No bodies for my awaiting babies and no money to reorder stuff before they sell out, some have already sold out
I want my stuff, I’m not happy with paypal or BB. Why didn’t they contact my first?? I got an awesome deal on some kits and bodies… whaa!!! I don’t know whether to cry or scream.

This was their email. GREAT customer service. BB still has my money!

BB’s Email to me:
"PayPal sent us an email that said (in part): “You have received a payment that we believe may not
have been authorized by the PayPal account holder…We recommend that you don’t ship the item until our investigation is
complete.”

It is Bountiful Baby’s policy not to accept customer money unless we can immediately ship. Since we
cannot immediately ship your order, your order has been canceled and we have told PayPal to refund
your money.

If you believe that PayPal should not have flagged your payment that way, you will need to talk with
them to ask them why it was flagged.

Bountiful Baby"

REALLY? Why not ask me to submit another form of payment??

NO refund has been initiated. This is my PP payment:
Bountiful Baby PP-001-752-565-156 Inquiry by PayPal/Temporary Hold -$224.31 USD 4/22/2012 Being Reviewed By PayPal 4/23/2012

— Begin quote from “Iansmommie”

Bountiful Baby PP-001-752-565-156 Inquiry by PayPal/Temporary Hold -$224.31 USD 4/22/2012 Being Reviewed By PayPal 4/23/2012

— End quote

As you can see from what you wrote, PayPal has your funds, not us. They hold the funds until their investigation is complete. That is what they mean when they say “Inquiry by PayPal/Temporary Hold”. PayPal initiated the inquiry, and PayPal initiated the hold. This means that we never saw the money, and never received the money. And we won’t receive the money, even when their investigation is complete, because we responded to their inquiry to us by telling them to refund the money to you.

It is our automatic procedures that will refund if we cannot immediately ship.

We told PayPal on 4/23/12 to refund the transaction to you. If PayPal has not yet forwarded the refund to you, you will need to talk to PayPal to ask them why.

We know from past experience when a transaction gets flagged by PayPal, and we tell them to refund, they still process the transaction (the refund) through their “Resolution Center” and it takes them a few days to do so. There is not anything we can do about that, either.

We are sorry. It is just what PayPal does sometimes, and there isn’t anything we can do about it.

Bountiful Baby

I understand your frustration but all of this mess was probably handled by computers because of criteria that is in place…and on the up side it shows that if my paypal account got hacked and someone was burning through my paypal account and then my checking account (and it could happen without me knowing because I go months without using it) they would shut it down at some point. My niece had her debit card info stolen and within 2 days the extra usage and dollars spent triggered a shut down. I thought that was a good thing.

Until your info showed up in the resolution center it could be there wasn’t even a human aware that this was happening.

I’m really sorry about you missing out on all of the great deals because there have been quite a few lately but if some low-life hacker was stealing from you, you would be really happy right now.

I had PayPal hold my account in one of their random cycles…instead of waiting out the 3 days I called and talked to someone and it was up again in 15 minutes.

You can always pay with a credit card without using paypal.

Why not just purchase with your credit/ debit card and not paypal?

And it’s not the company’s fault, honestly- because if someone bought something through my etsy shop and their paypal didnt send the transaction through, I would NOT be sending the items in a million years! Also, did you know paypal had a hold on your account? why do you think BB should have asked you for another payment form?

The reason I am saying is because if someone bought something through my etsy shop and it didnt go through because of the situation that you are having personally with paypal- I would think that person was nuts if they were trying to blame me for it.

Please dont think I am mean, I dont think you are mean, I am giving my true opinion on the whole situation.

My daughter died last summer, I started making dolls as therapy but it has caused me more drama than release. I’m not mean, your not mean. Nothing wrong with being real and truthful. I was never accusatory or derogatory. Paypal states they will send BB an email apologizing for their mistake which surprises me, because most companies/people will not admit they were wrong or help a customer when something goes wrong…

— Begin quote from “kathrynpgadomski”

— End quote

Why not it’s offered as an accepted payment method? Because paypal is linked to my bank account and I do not have a credit card. I paid with paypal for my other orders and it was fine. I didn’t feel comfortable using my debit card online.

Also, did you know paypal had a hold on your account?

— End quote

I did not know there was a hold. When I ordered BB again on the 21st it triggered a fraud alert. I found out when I didn’t receive my package yesterday the 25th, so I logged on to see where it was. No one notified me, Paypal or Bountiful Baby. It was a too bad so sad for you. According to paypal they sent BB the letter saying the payment was suspicious and instead of legitimizing the payment they basically washed there hands of my situation. This in part further deepened my Paypal account into the fraud alert lock out. If they wrote back and said yes this is a regular customer of ours the order is legit, all would be well…

why do you think BB should have asked you for another payment form?

— End quote

Because it’s called good customer service. They could let me know there was a problem and that they needed an alternate payment method or else my order would be canceled. Apparently all it took was a 30 second phone call to release the funds. If you go to the store and they do not take debit cards and that’s all you have, do they not place your items to the side for you to run to get money from the ATM?

The reason I am saying is because if someone bought something through my etsy shop and it didnt go through because of the situation that you are having personally with paypal- I would think that person was nuts if they were trying to blame me for it.

— End quote

If something went wrong that was not the customers fault, would you not try to work something out. I’m a loyal costumer, I have money in my hand , why not help me out?. Why have the “there are other fish in the sea” approach to business? It doesn’t happen all the time, Why not make time to help out a customer?

Dear Lansmommie, first please let me say how very sorry I am to hear of your daughter’s passing. It must be horribly painful still and you seem to be looking for a means to deal with continuing grief.

But, as you said, it certainly doesn’t seem that you are finding any solace, and feel that it is causing you more drama than release. If this is truly how you feel, perhaps it isn’t the right form of “therapy” right now. There are many things you can do to find peace in your life and that is most important.

I know it must be disappointing to have what you started to do become a nightmare for you, but truthfully BB did nothing wrong and in fact I can personally attest to their wonderful customer service. I had an incident where I felt I should have gotten a better fee on a kit I ordered since it went on sale the next day, but BB explained their policy and made a decision and not in my favor. I agreed with what they said ultimately because it is their call. They are in business and business and sympathy don’t always go hand in hand.

Please know that I write this with the best of intentions – I would never say anything to hurt anyone on purpose, especially when you seem to be hurting so much already. I wish you well, please know that things will work out for you and I hope you will step back and take a breath, for in the end it is only a setback here – not a finality. The sales will come again and you can continue to make purchases. I recently did one with a money order rather than my debit. That is always an option too. Don’t give up and don’t be discouraged!

My daughter died last summer, I started making dolls as therapy but it has caused me more drama than release. I’m not mean, your not mean. Nothing wrong with being real and truthful. I was never accusatory or derogatory. Paypal states they will send BB an email apologizing for their mistake which surprises me, because most companies/people will not admit they were wrong or help a customer when something goes wrong…

— End quote

Why not it’s offered as an accepted payment method? Because paypal is linked to my bank account and I do not have a credit card. I paid with paypal for my other orders and it was fine. I didn’t feel comfortable using my debit card online.

Also, did you know paypal had a hold on your account?

— End quote

I did not know there was a hold. When I ordered BB again on the 21st it triggered a fraud alert. I found out when I didn’t receive my package yesterday the 25th, so I logged on to see where it was. No one notified me, Paypal or Bountiful Baby. It was a too bad so sad for you. According to paypal they sent BB the letter saying the payment was suspicious and instead of legitimizing the payment they basically washed there hands of my situation. This in part further deepened my Paypal account into the fraud alert lock out. If they wrote back and said yes this is a regular customer of ours the order is legit, all would be well…

why do you think BB should have asked you for another payment form?

— End quote

Because it’s called good customer service. They could let me know there was a problem and that they needed an alternate payment method or else my order would be canceled. Apparently all it took was a 30 second phone call to release the funds. If you go to the store and they do not take debit cards and that’s all you have, do they not place your items to the side for you to run to get money from the ATM?

— End quote

If something went wrong that was not the customers fault, would you not try to work something out. I’m a loyal costumer, I have money in my hand , why not help me out?. Why have the “there are other fish in the sea” approach to business? It doesn’t happen all the time, Why not make time to help out a customer?

— End quote

Im sorry for your loss.

I dont have the “other fish in the sea” approach- I just would not understand why someone would think it was me personally, all I was trying to say was that you shouldnt be angry at bountiful baby if you know it is paypal holding your money and freezing your account, bountiful baby doesnt have anything to do with that at all.

— Begin quote from “Ginnylee”

Dear Lansmommie, first please let me say how very sorry I am to hear of your daughter’s passing. It must be horribly painful still and you seem to be looking for a means to deal with continuing grief.

But, as you said, it certainly doesn’t seem that you are finding any solace, and feel that it is causing you more drama than release. If this is truly how you feel, perhaps it isn’t the right form of “therapy” right now. There are many things you can do to find peace in your life and that is most important.

I know it must be disappointing to have what you started to do become a nightmare for you, but truthfully BB did nothing wrong and in fact I can personally attest to their wonderful customer service. I had an incident where I felt I should have gotten a better fee on a kit I ordered since it went on sale the next day, but BB explained their policy and made a decision and not in my favor. I agreed with what they said ultimately because it is their call. They are in business and business and sympathy don’t always go hand in hand.

Please know that I write this with the best of intentions – I would never say anything to hurt anyone on purpose, especially when you seem to be hurting so much already. I wish you well, please know that things will work out for you and I hope you will step back and take a breath, for in the end it is only a setback here – not a finality. The sales will come again and you can continue to make purchases. I recently did one with a money order rather than my debit. That is always an option too. Don’t give up and don’t be discouraged!

— End quote

I agree with her, I was not trying to be hurtful, when you wrote back you sort of “blasted” everything I was saying. As soon as you place an order, BB send a order notification to you. I have had nothing but Gold customer service from bb. They have always responded to my emails, helped me out, solved my problems, so I would say they are a company that I stand behind. I would help a customer out in any way in my shop, which i usually do when I sell my dolls for $200, or $150 for a girl who lost a child. So please dont make it appear as if I do not care. But if someone placed and order and then paypal didnt let the payment go through, I would think the person who placed the order would have seen that they had not paid. So I give my customers my 100 percent best. maybe paypal thought it was suspicious since the $1000 you spent in the month? I have no clue really, but there isnt a need to be cross, I just gave you another opinion

did not know there was a hold. When I ordered BB again on the 21st it triggered a fraud alert. I found out when I didn’t receive my package yesterday the 25th, so I logged on to see where it was. No one notified me, Paypal or Bountiful Baby.

— End quote

Actually, we did notify you immediately. Our email was sent out at 8:27 AM MDT Monday morning, just as soon as people started arriving at work here, and a full 33 minutes before our customer service officially opens (it opens at 9:00 AM). You even quoted our email in your second post above, where you posted “BB’s Email to me:”, and then pasted our email to you. It couldn’t have happened any faster on our end.

According to paypal they sent BB the letter saying the payment was suspicious and instead of legitimizing the payment they basically washed there hands of my situation. This in part further deepened my Paypal account into the fraud alert lock out. If they wrote back and said yes this is a regular customer of ours the order is legit, all would be well…

— End quote

PayPal does not provide any mechanism for us to “legitimize” a payment. If such a mechanism were to exist, everyone (all vendors) would “legitimize” all of their payments, and there would be no such thing as a PayPal hold as a result. Everybody would take the money and “legitimize” it somehow. It is simply not something that PayPal does, or allows, for obvious reasons.

We are sorry that PayPal placed a hold on your account, and on your funds. But there is not anything we could have done about it. Nothing.

Believe me, would would have much preferred to have made the sale, rather than cancel the order.

Bountiful Baby

I would like to know how Paypal thinks a certain amount is too high and places a flag on it? SHHHH…we do NOT want my husband to know that there may be a possibility of this “service” LOL.
My paypal is connected to my checking account. I never have money in the paypal account per se so does that mean they will put a hold on my checking account randomly? They had better NOT!

I am so sorry that this happened during the sales…I REALLY feel your pain! I too didn’t get what I wanted either.

I want you to know I am very sorry about your daughter. I have lost 2 of mine…Mary’s birthday is coming up so it is a bit of anniversary time here too…but it has been almost 35 years since her death and believe me when I say it is a LOT better now than it was 34 years ago. I think Paypal has done you a great service here. It has given you an"acceptable" means to express your anger, even subconsciously. Anger is always going to be there…it will wax and wane, but anger is not an emotion that other people deal with well. Even Jesus’s anger in the temple at the money changers was so outlandish at the time it made the Gospels! LOL It also showed us that anger expressed without hurting another is perfectly human and perfectly acceptable, regardless of what our grandmothers may have told us!
I, personally would be furious! At Paypal, a little at BB for not helping you take advantage of the terrific bargains, and at the universe at large that seems to be pooping on you! Just DON’T work on a baby while you are ticked off! Personal experience in play here…truly not worth it! Go pull some weeds…get a weedwacker and wack some REALLY big grass…or the best in the world…get a chainsaw and cut up stuff! MAN power tools rock! LOL
Take care and I will pray that we get another big sale with paypal on ice! LOL
hugs
Joy

Just my two cents but I used a walmart credit card a long time before I trusted paypal. It costs 3 a month to have and 3 every time you put money on it. My peace of mind was priceless.

I use a credit card for purchases from most online companies… My CitiCard will defend me and refund the payment if there is a problem with the purchase that the merchant doesn’t resolve. When I use PayPal, I link it to the credit card because once upon a time, I made a purchase for an eBay item and paid with PayPal but through my bank account and when I didn’t get the item and the seller had closed their EBay and PayPAL account, I was not refunded by PayPal and EBay… Had I used my CC, I would have gotten the refund and CitiCard would have handled the dispute. I don’t think you can hold BB accountable for the cancellation. Seems that PayPal was trying to target what they thought was questional activity on your account to protect you… It is unfortunate that you couldn’t capitalize on the sales that were going on… By the way, your Taite is darling… I hope his body will be arriving so that you can assemble him and post new photos…