Canada to US Customs?

Hello my fellow Canadian reborners. Anyone know what your customers end up paying for taxes and customs fees when you send them a doll to the US? I have plenty of experience buying from the US but not sending there. I would guess it would just be normal US taxes for the state that they are in. And would there even be a custom fee at all? Any Americans that have bought from Canada please jump in as well. Thanks

1 Like

I don’t think there’s customs fees on the US side, I haven’t heard of that happening. Kinda unfair lol I’ve shipped a ton of dolls to the US and none of my customers have ever mentioned customs fees.

1 Like

So they just pay their state taxes?

I guess? I’m not really sure

I’ve never paid custom fees for anything from any country I’ve ever ordered from. The packages just show up in my Texas mailbox just like any other package.

3 Likes

No taxes either?

I just ordered a reborn from Canada that arrived this week to the US. I didn’t have to pay any duties or taxes on it. I suspect that dolls in the 4 figure range are more likely to be taxed and anything below they let slide.

1 Like

I’ve never been taxed or had to pay any fees when ordering something from another country

1 Like

Nope. No taxes

1 Like

98% of my babies went to the US. They pay you and that’s it for them as far as expenses go.

1 Like

Wow Americans are so lucky! This will only be my second doll going to the US and the first one hasn’t arrived yet so I had no clue what to tell the customer.

3 Likes

I am in Idaho.
We have a sales tax at the store and when I order online it takes a few extra dollars in taxes… (not much)

I think there was a new tax law recently where if you sell online you are supposed to charge some sort of tax… I think but haven’t changed my listings anywhere so not sure what it is. I think some places (like etsy) deal with that part for the seller…

No custom fees ever.

2 Likes

No fees. The USA has cheap import taxes, but high export taxes. US artist also pay A LOT in shipping if we ship outside the USA

2 Likes

I’ve never had any fees coming into the USA but customs evaluate each package and determine a fee for it going into Canada. I shipped a $400 doll to Canada and the fees assessed with it was about $130 usd

1 Like

Yeah, Americans don’t have to pay any fees when a package is delivered, ever. I couldn’t believe it either - because @bountifulbaby doesn’t mark their packages as craft supplies, I have to pay customs fees even though craft supplies isn’t supposed to have fees, and the packages end up costing 1.5x the original price. Not to mention that $40 shipping fee and the exchange rate! :joy: A single Bountiful Baby realborn kit with body and eyes costs me $200 CAD to order!

But back to the point - Americans don’t pay any fees on their packages at all, so let your buyers know there’s nothing to worry about there. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, we are “lucky” to be born in the greatest country on earth. :slight_smile: No offense intended to anyone. I would hope folks would feel that way about their own countries.

1 Like

Yes realborns are on the expensive side of kits ! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Canada is by far the greatest country ! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Geez but they kind of are craft supplies. That stinks. What if you had an American order for you and ship it you. They could mark it craft supplies to avoid that fee because technically they are! :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I was charged a customs fee once. I had ordered two or three purses online from Italy, just a few weeks after ordering another two from the same company (Cromia – my favorite!). US customs decided that I was opening a purse store and tried to charge me over $150 in fees before they would release that second shipment. It took several phone calls and emails but they finally believed that I’m just purse-crazy and they dropped the charge and released my bags. I’ve ordered many times since then, but never had any issues with customs again.

2 Likes