Can you use golden fluid paints with Ultimate Fusion?

Hi there everyone! I have a question. Can I use Golden fluid paints with Ultimate Fusion? I have some colors in Golden fluid that I don’t have in ultimate fusion.
Thanks,
Julie

1 Like

I switched from babyfx to Golden years ago and used to use them both. I just had to keep in mind that though they are both acrylic, they behave differently on the vinyl.

1 Like

Yes, I do it all the time.

2 Likes

Do you use the UF sealer with it when you use them together?

1 Like

I’ve never used the UF sealer before.

1 Like

I have used all these brands of paints on top of each other and even mixed them together to create new colors. It all works together fine using the art store mediums.

2 Likes

Angie you paint like I do :joy:

1 Like

Yep! When I am using acrylics/air dry I mix it up. I learned a long time ago the art store products are much more economical than the “reborn paint” products. It is all the same stuff just different variations. So I mix what I want myself and have incorporated the premixed reborn paints back into my artist grade acrylics.

However, I have recently laid my acrylics aside and gone back to using Genesis. I am having fun rediscovering my Genesis paints now using Zest It Citrus thinner instead of other thinners. I have finally found something that thins like odorless thinner but does not bother my allergies.

3 Likes

That’s great! I’ve never used ghs, but it has interested me for a while. Maybe when it’s readily available again I’ll try it.

1 Like

I wish I could use heat set but I have no where in my house to ventilate an oven. I’m glad to be able to use air dry though :smile:

I use a Nuwave on my back porch.

2 Likes