Caleb's pricing

I would love some honest opinions on how to price this baby? I have someone wanting her but I am terrible at pricing. That is one of the reasons I rarely sell because I do not feel comfortable setting a price. I just made these pictures out on the porch to try and show her painting a bit clearer. She has very softly painted barely there hair. I am thinking around $250. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

14 Likes

She is beautiful, I would say at least $350

1 Like

I’m honestly still trying to figure out my own pricing, but I will say I know for a fact that $250 is WAY underpriced. That baby is gorgeous!

6 Likes

She is very beautiful. Her skintone is smooth, even, and realistic, her creases are natural, her palms and feet are beautifully blushed. I would say at least $350, more like $400.

3 Likes

She is beautiful. I would say $350 - $500.

2 Likes

What sculpt is this? I looked up a Caleb and found a 14 inch by BB. This isn’t that, is it?

1 Like

Thank you so much ladies. It just makes me so uncomfortable pricing to sell. I know people that don’t paint do not realize the work and time that go into these babies and often wonder why they are so expensive.

3 Likes

This is Caleb by Cheryl Webber.

1 Like

Ok, ty. So we are looking at a full size here. It certainly didn’t look that small!

1 Like

$450-$500. $250 is waaay too low. She’s beautiful.

1 Like

Be bold and try for $500. What do you have to lose? :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Beautifully painted! I would say $450 :heart:

2 Likes

I’m just a collector but I would say at least $400.

1 Like

I’d say easily $350. or up, but over $500. I’d be looking for rooted hair.

1 Like

Waaaayyy more than 250. This baby is gorgeous.

1 Like

Between 400 and 450$. He is beautiful!

1 Like

Oh my $250 is giving this baby away! I say start at $500. $450 at the lowest!

4 Likes

You have to balance what you have invested and what people are willing to pay. You can always lower price if no one buys. If sell too low you will regret it later. There is no one price. You need to look at your market. Back home I knew people would be looking for dolls at Christmas time. I also knew they limits they would pay. So I bought sale kits. Made my own bodies. Only sent with basics. 1 pacifier. One outfit. One diaper. One hair accessory. And all of those items were bought on sale. Kept price down to $100-150. My thoughts were selling 10 $150 dolls was more profitable than holding a doll that would not sell for $500. And word of mouth about the quality of my dolls brought in business. When I did booths at different events I would take dolls from all different price ranges. Because you would see a vast range of buyers. Lots of things to consider when you price a doll. No one set rule on what you set your price as.

1 Like

I’d say at least 500 ~ that’s a beautiful baby!

2 Likes

beautiful! Dont under sale yourself! At least $450.

1 Like