Buyer paid but hasn't picked up baby from USPS

I’m getting really concerned. I sold a baby and it was paid for via PayPal (not thru ebay). I mailed the baby the next day via USPS Priority with signature confirmation. I’ve emailed the buyer several times with no response. The item is currently waiting at the post office for pick up. I’m concerned that I’m not hearing anything from the buyer. I’d be jumping up and down ready to open the box. Have any of you had this happen before?

When did the baby arrive at the post office? I know if I worked full time I could never get to my ‘local’ post office to pick up a box until the weekend. It’s just not close enough to be convenient and the lines are way too long. She may actually be arranging for re-delivery when someone will be home to sign for it. :smile:

They tried to deliver it last Thursday (2/19) and I thought she’d pick it up on Saturday but it’s still there. I’d feel much better if she responded to any of my email. At least the address was a confirmed address.

I sold to someone that had a post office box over the border from Canada into the states. It took this person two weeks to get down across the border to pick it up from her US Post office box.

1 Like

I had that happen twice. I have no idea why the first one took so long to pick it up, but the second one was in the hospital. She picked it up as soon as she got out.

1 Like

Thank you, ladies! I’m starting to relax a little more. :blush:

1 Like

Yes, where I live my kids have been out of school for almost 2 weeks due to snow and ice storms, could be that . And UPS usually comes to my house at least twice a week, but since the storms I’ve only seen them once.

1 Like

I sent my granddaughter a package from QVC and it was about a week late arriving at her house because of weather. She is in OHIO, I was concerned because it was a Kitchen Aid Mixer, and I was so afraid someone may have taken it off her porch cause QVC is so on time with their deliveries. Just a weather thing, so glad when she called and said she got it, WHEW !!! Try not to worry too much.

1 Like

Living in Florida, I certainly haven’t thought about snow and travel issues. Lynn, so glad your daughter got her package!

BOY—Me too !!!

1 Like

I live in KY and we’ve had an unGodly amount of snow in the past 2 weeks. Two feet or more! Further North they have had lots more than that. It’s bad enough when it first hits, but snow doesn’t go away very quickly when it’s as cold as it’s been so there are still lots of areas with snow and ice on the roads. And it’s supposed to snow again tonight! I’ll bet your customer just has a very good reason for not yet picking up her package (and maybe no electricity to be able to use her computer to contact you).

I haven’t thought about electricity!!! Thank you, @2layz!