Bugs eating mohair!

Omg!! I am beyond upset right now! Some bugs decided to come in and eat some hair on Michael and Hudson!! Killed the ones I could see😬 All the hair Im holding came from just running my fingers through Michael’s hair, other side is totally fine!! Ugh so mad

Hudson’s

Once again other side totally fine :roll_eyes:

None of my prisma babies have any bugs, nor june and rosalie and they are both rooted. Im thinking its the area theyre in?

1 Like

That’s sad! I was recently told by someone who pours silicone that ants will eat silicone too and of course we know mice will. UGH!

1 Like

Oh no. What do these bugs look like?

Yes, do tell! What kind are they?

1 Like

I have no idea what they are. They’re white/yellowish and look like a pill bug but dont roll up. They also explode all over the place when you squish them :sweat_smile:

eeeewwww! Maybe some kind of cloth moth?

Where are the dolls stored?

I’ve heard carpet beetles will eat mohair

If you see them again show us pictures.

Definitely, I havent seen any since yesterday though I’ll keep an eye out

2 Likes

This is where they were, I’ve moved my not rooted dolls over to there for now (the Amazon dolls are my little sister’s, she wanted them to “spend the night” with mine)

3 Likes

Carpet beetles and moths will both do this. I collect antique dolls and textiles and have seen this so many times. I treat everything I bring in my home immediately. The carpet beetles will munch up an unbelievable amount of mohair or human hair in no time.

My dolls are sitting out like that. I may need to check their hair. I thought maybe you had them in a container or something. I wonder do these bugs just exist in certain parts of the country or certain demographic areas, like the country.

1 Like

Agree that they are carpet beetles. Stupid little bugs.The live one I saw was very tiny roundish, tan and brown.

Silverfish will eat their hair also. It’s so freakin’ frustrating!!