Budget baby

Intentionally making a budget baby is hard! It’s my natural tendency to paint normally. This kit is not cute, has mysterious yellow spots inside the nose, and I am trying a new painting technique. All those factors made me want to make her a budget baby. It’s just so hard to curb my impulses to spend too much time on details. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I know all about that! Lol

1 Like

I stayed up until 4 am drawing hair on a baby that is really messed up. Lol. I did it over and over and over. Finally, I was like, what am I doing!?!
I’m just such a perfectionist and like to do things to a certain standard no matter what it is I’m doing.
I guess it’s not a bad thing. But at times it can be exhausting!

5 Likes

I’ve spent just as much time if not more on the babes with “problems” No matter how much I’m making off of it, I still want it to be the best I can do. Don’t want my “cheaper” work out there making me look bad I guess…

3 Likes

I debated this as well. I do this as a hobby, so I figured that if I clearly state that this baby was intentionally created as a budget baby it won’t cramp my sales too badly. She was always going to be a budget baby, even before the yellow spots. Her paint job is by no means bad or lacking in quality - I just cut out some mottling steps and only creased the major ones. She has Eyeco eyes, less weight, and will only come with a white onsie and putty paci. She will also have a store bought blanket instead of a hand-edged one. I haven’t decided whether or not to root her.

2 Likes

I got you now, I guess that does make sense. As long as they know it wasn’t supposed to be your best work.
I don’t know how fast you root, but I don’t think I could do it for a budget baby lol. It’s so time consuming and painful :persevere:

1 Like

I actually can root fairly quickly with Ruby Red, which is what this baby will get if bald doesn’t seem to sell.

1 Like

Well go you!! I CAN root quick too… But mine would look just like that, like I did it quick!! :laughing: As long as it looks decent and doesn’t take too much time, I would say go for it.