Bountiful Baby's New Forum: Post any questions, recommendation, ideas or thoughts here

Beth, just highlight the text you want to quote and when you do a quote box will pop up above it that you can then click and put it into a reply.

You should be able to drag and drop photos into the message box (which I’m typing in now) to post a photo.

Test:

Thanks Emily for all your help. I still feel like I am “way behind the curve” on all of this. I hope there is a way that BB can track the number of views and posts because I really do feel like you have created a losing proposition with the new site. Please go take a look at how REAL and Baby Banter are set up (and probably others that I am not a member of) and you will see how much more difficult Bountiful Baby has become with the changes. If I were a new member, I would NEVER come back, but because I have been here for over 2 years and have enjoyed helping newer members, I will try to get past the changes. I seriously think if you put up a poll after running it this way for 2-4 weeks, you would not have alot of happy people?

1 Like

For anyone that was having problems with posting into a specific topic category, I believe this has been fixed, No one should have problems posting anything anymore, and if so, let me know.

I have a suggestion about the website (not the forum). I would love if there was a way to do a search for kits by choosing certain criteria (other than just size) such as full legs, open or closed eyes, etc. I often have customers request certain features as this and it would be much easier for me to sort through them if there was such a feature. Just a thought if you ever decide to update the site :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Haven’t been able to get my photo avatar on here for years!

For anyone that doesn’t already know, when your in a specific category, at the top right of the screen next to the '+ Create Topic" button, there are the notification settings for that category. You can change it to either Watching, racking, Regular or Muted.

Is there a place that a list of members is available? when they joined, how many posts they have made and when they were last active? How can I tell if I have read a post?

I’m really disappointed with this new forum! Haven’t been able to figure out how to post photos, see other’s photos, reply to posts, etc. Topics seem to just come up randomly and no sequences are predictable and the layout isn’t working at all. I don’t know who convinced BB this would be a great idea, but I know there are business consultants who are encouraging small companies to make changes in their processes that don’t factor in the reality of the resulting alienation of the customers… Some things, like the original forum, don’t really need to be “fixed”. And if the “fix” was going to happen anyway, redoing it without all the bugs worked out and working on making it more user friendly after making the big changes that have been already done is not the way to do something like this. Suggestions for a new forum type could have been taken first and been in place when the major move was done instead of trying to play catch up while people struggle to figure out everything that’s been changed! I’m at the point right now that I may just scrap using this forum and move on to more user friendly ones! Will give it a little more time, but not happy!

2 Likes

Emily, I am not receiving notifications for the threads and topics I have posted in. I think my profile is set up to get emails,and I got them a couple of days ago - but not now! And I have to agree with 2layz - it isn’t working for me either with the new forum format!

This is a good idea, I’ll definitely look into this idea. :smile:

If you look to the far right side of the screen, there is an ‘activity’ column, topics will be in line from top to bottom with the most resent activity.

You account also tracks which posts you’ve already read. Any posts that you have not looked at yet will have a blue circle that says ‘new’ next to the topic. The account also has, across the top of the list of threads, a menu containing LATEST, NEW, UNREAD, STARRED, TOP and CATEGORIES.

LATEST: Will show you the topics that contain the most recent posts. (NOTE: This is similar to the ‘View Active Topics’ button at the top of the old forum.)

NEW: Will show you the new posts since that last time you were in.

UNREAD: Will show you all the posts that you have not read yet.

STARRED: You are able to star your favorite post topics, hence, a Favorites List.

TOP: Will show you the posts are determined by both, having the most post replies and the most recent activity.

CATEGORIES: Shows you a list of all the categories. (NOTE: This was how the old forum board index was laid out.)

BADGES:
The badges, are to help others determine what type of poster you are. You are awarded badges by the system, you cannot choose them. There are other badges such as ‘Good Post’, ‘Great Post’, ‘Leader’ etc.

NOTIFICATIONS:
For each category there is a little drop-down menu to the right of the ‘+ Create Topic’ button. You have four options. WATCHING, TRACKING, REGULAR and MUTED.

You also have these same options per topic, not just categories. Once your within a topic, at the bottom of the thread, right under where the ‘REPLY’ button is located, there is a drop down menu with these options.

GETTING NOTIFICATIONS:
In the top right corner, you should see this:
The ‘quote’ bubble is where you should see your notifications. This is where you will get notifications for Personal Messages, Badges you are granted, Categories and Post Topics that you have set to be notified about. (NOTE: If you set a category or topic to be MUTED, you will not see those topics in the LATEST, NEW, UNREAD, etc. tabs.)

1 Like

Who has now blessed us with “badges”, and why? Sort of like stickers for good behavior for toddlers??? Do you add more for some reason or take some away for something else? Just curious.

1 Like

PROFILE:
Within your Profile, you get a news feed of all the activity from your account.
Left Side Menu:
All: All the posts/activity from your account.
Topics: Topics you’ve created
Replies: Post Replies that you’ve replied to. (Quoted)
Likes Given: Posts the you’ve liked.
Likes Received: Likes that you’ve received on posts that you’ve posted.
Starred: Categories and Topics that you’ve starred.
Badges: Badges that you’ve been granted.

School isn’t fun. I want to go home!

1 Like

Maybe a smiley face badge would make me feel better! How about it BB? If we try real hard to make this work do we get a prize?

1 Like

These are granted automatically by the system. Simply helps with spam filtering.

I’ve changed your username. You can go into your preferences to change your Name, but for user name, you can PM me and I can change it for you.

My thoughts exactly. I use to check in to read and post at least 3-5 times a day on average. But now, not so much. In fact the only reason I do ck in is to see if you have went back to the old format. I’m lost and quite frankly don’t have the time to figure it all out. If I haven’t checked in for a day, it’s ok with me. I think Pia has an excellent idea to run a poll and see if this new format is really working for BB or hindering it. I know if I were a new member I would look elsewhere and if I were to look elsewhere I would be spending less dollars at BB, which is the point of a forum as far as the business aspect is concerned.

2 Likes

The longer version of your name is for your Profile.