Bountiful Baby Realborn Kits

Does anyone know if Bountiful Baby ever put their Realborn kits on sale? (Not meaning 2nds or Give Aways) Would love to get a few but with the price of our dollar down so far at the moment I just can’t seem to make my finger press the 'Go to Paypal" button to pay when I put them in my Shopping basket…I have 3 in my basket…for $217…shipping is $54.22 to Oz and with the conversion it is going to cost me $359.51…SOOOOOOO I desperately would love to see a decent sale on them???

3 Likes

I don’t think they go on sale or offer seconds. They are limited to 1500 for their first release. I hope they do another free Realborn deal on July 4th to celebrate Independence Day, like they did on Memorial Day. Were you able to get a free one on Memorial Day?

2 Likes

I haven’t seen them go on sale.

Thanks for the info! No I did not get one of the freebies :sob: I ordered about a week before they ran the sale and had bought 2 celeste and a meagan for $257…so did not get to order that one day to get the free deal. We don’t have Memorial day over here so I did not realize there was a holiday coming or a chance that they would run a special or I would have waited…That is always my luck though so I don’t get too upset any more…I would probably have a heart attack if I actually ever won anything so it is probably better for my health…(just another reason why I don’t buy lotto tickets too…hahaha!)

4 Likes

Starr, I have never seen them on sale. Maybe over time they will lower the price a little (maybe not) lots of people can’t quite afford the cost of them full price. I understand. I did order a sleeping Presley but haven’t ordered any more. I would love to have an Asher asleep. Maybe one day if they aren’t gone.

I sooooo hope you are right…my luck they will be gone though…maybe the aussie dollar can fight its way back up a bit…that would help too… I think you are right about a lot of ladies not being able to afford them…Bountiful Baby has always been known for quality kits at affordable prices…They are almost always the kits that ladies start out in the industry with (and come back to because they introduce new ones all the time) The realborns are unique and different and I realize there was a lot of cost setting up to be able to do them but maybe over time they will get to a point where they can afford letting them go a little cheaper…I can live in hope or will die in despair! hahahaha!

Right there with you, Michelle…soooo discouraging isn’t it…all the good stuff is over there in the USA and we can’t afford to get it…even on sale, we are paying full price…ha! I had a custom order that I did recently…The kit was only in the USA…It was $109 but by the time I paid conversion and shipping it cost me $207…YIKES!!!

4 Likes

@westerstarr. The realborns have never been on sale, nor has BB offered seconds. The first real break was the free give away for our Memorial Day. Wow! I didn’t realize how expensive things were in Oz, or in Canada. Maybe BB will do another give away some other time. We will have to mention it in the forum so that those of you that don’t have the same holidays, will know. So sorry you missed the give away. :cry:

1 Like

I paid about 200$ CAD for my Asher Asleep. I got the box, Because I needed the body and glass beads since I was a beginner and didn’t have any of that stuff. Shipping cost about 50$ USD. And since my mom was paying for it,By the time she paid for the order she was like this :sob: :rage: :wave: :money_with_wings:

3 Likes

hahahahahaha! I bet she was but at least you know she loves you…lol

1 Like

Yeah! Now she says that if I want Clyde, I need to buy him myself LOL.

Yikes, that’s harsh! OMG had no idea you guys had to pay so much just to get kits to yourselves. That’s awful. I would never be able to afford to reborn at that rate. I feel sorry for you all, it’s kinda like highway robbery!!! I’m really thankful I live in the good ol’ USA. At least here I can afford to buy a kit.

2 Likes

BTW if any of you are lucky enough to go to the ROSE show maybe you can get some kits there and take them home with you. Pack light, just incase!!!

2 Likes

Hopefully next year I can go. If I can save up the money. I’m getting a job in October after my 16th birthday.

1 Like

Bountiful Baby has offered greatly reduced shipping to foreign countries in the past. I wonder if @EmilyBB can check to see if that might be something coming up in the future?

1 Like

When I check out is says that they have given me 30% off on the shipping already so that may be what they do…Usually for 3 kits the shipping is around $60 then we have the conversion which takes it up to about $74 and then paypal adds their fee for converting the funds as well so that us usually another 2 -3 % so another $2 - $3 so shipping for 3 kits comes out at about $75 for us ($25 per kit shipping) so by the time we buy the kit (let’s say a $29.95 kit), shipping and conversion we are paying about $70 a kit (no body)…wahhhhhhhh!!!

2 Likes

The BB reduced shipping is still more than from other suppliers, because many offer the option of ordinary shipping as well as express. Delivery for the express is only couple of days quicker, but makes the kits very expensive, especially the realborns.

Lynn…I’m going and I’m taking an extra empty suitcase. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they will have Clyde available at the show since it doesn’t seem like he’s ever going to be released. I’m a nervous wreck because I don’t think I’ll be able to stand being around all the different choices at the show!!!

4 Likes

Can I go in your empty suitcase??? :wink:

3 Likes

Me too!..Please take me, take me…

2 Likes

We can’t both fit! I asked first, Starr. :rage:

2 Likes