Body help with leg issue

I bought a reborn baby that I really like, except when she arrived I realized she’s gotten front loading legs. I don’t like these as they stop her lying flat and they look kind of an awkward up in the air angle.

I don’t want to send her back as I really love her apart from this so I made a sort of half body from another one with 3/4 legs that pulls over the original one and secure with a zip tie. My thinking was this would allow me to reposition the legs without any alteration to the actual body beyond a couple of easily replaced ties.

I don’t want to to re-body her as she’s beautifully weighted/stuffed and I don’t want to dislodge it. It works fine as she now lies much better, except the legs don’t hang properly or feel right. I even sewed the cloth of the leg shorter and it still doesn’t feel right. Is there any other body type that front loading legs can be used on so I can do the same with something more suitable?

1 Like

I would switch her to a body like this! I understand about the weighting, but honestly you can’t really change a body without some sewing work, and you can’t do that while it’s attached to the doll. Make sure you get one that’s right for her size and type of arms, though!

1 Like

Is that a full leg or front loading leg body? Is there a difference between them?

It’s a front-loading leg body - front-loading legs are full legs, meaning they don’t require a cap on top. You can put some front-loading legs on a 3/4 body and have them look nice, if the thigh is short enough and the leg cap sits nicely for the leg’s position. You can also put front-loading legs on a side-loading full leg body, but it will give the baby a bit of a “bow-legged” look sometimes.

Thank you, I am going to get a side-loading full leg body and try her on that instead.

1 Like