Bodies with a pocket

Anyone know where I can buy a body with a pocket in it for a heartbeat box?

i imagine you can make a pocket and sew it into the body that way it would be were you want it

1 Like

I thought about that but then I realized that if the batteries died in it, the customer would have to take the doll apart to put new ones in. I thought I had read somewhere that you can get a body with a pocket in the side of it that closes with velcro so you can easily access the box. I may have dreamed that though. LOL

I have a pink heart that I’ve never used because I could never figure out how to put it in the body without it ending up feeling like a large lump. I’m saving it for something else. Just don’t know what yet.

1 Like

Bountiful baby did at one time but was not able to find now. One option that I have come across is to make a pocket on a undershirt that you can take on and off of baby. Easier to take the shirt off instead of removing head when you have to replace batteries.

3 Likes

That’s a really good idea but does it put the heartbeat too close to the surface? I’ve never seen one so I don’t know how hard it beats.

Sew a little square pocket with one open end. Open a side seam on a body. Sew that pocket to the side seam on the inside. When padding your doll, pad all around the pocket. Sew a little velcro strip on the inside edge of the pocket where you can just pinch it closed or attach a velcro tab and close it by sticking the tab toward the back of the baby to hold it closed. All you have to do then is open it and slide the heart box in and out as you please. You won’t feel the lump if it’s padded on both sides of the pocket.

3 Likes

Guess I can’t say for sure. I have not done this it was just something that I found on someone else’s doll site. Micholc has a good idea also if you can get the Velcro to work in the seam. I checked the beating heart that I have it is a gentle beat but it is pretty thick so you would be able to feel it under the clothing. They need to come back out with a body for it.