Black Curly Mohair

Looking for very curly, easy to work with black mohair. Thanks !

6 Likes

Those are amazing! Is that feathers in the surf?

2 Likes

Yes Zelda ~Corpus Christi Texas…I don’t think I can post on the off topic…don’t know hhat the deal is! so I changed it til I can find out…wth?

1 Like

Are you looking for tight curls (AA hair) or soft curls?

1 Like

@Lil~Thanks for asking…I’m not sure…whatever I can find and whatever is easiest to work with. I am going to be going a few AA type dolls…do you have a source in mind?

1 Like

@Lil~ both really ~here’s an example :

3 Likes

This is @Rainbowbabies loose wave, kid dark brown. It scrunches up curly. Or for defined curls like this, you can curl it around a pencil. It’s easy to root and easy to style and stays beautiful looking.

12 Likes

I have tried a lot of black curly hair and the only kind I like for AA babies I have found is this hair from etsy…she is out of the black right now but you could ask her for some https://www.etsy.com/shop/traditionsfiberarts?ref=yr_purchases&section_id=21394300. Its got a few stray “grey” hairs in there and is soft but frizzy. I was thinking maybe black, kid, slumberland might work about the same though. If you want more loose curls you could try HP Babylocks, its gorgeous! You just have to contact her on Facebook and request the curly hair from her directly https://www.facebook.com/heike.politz.7
Im rooting my Gertie with the hair from etsy right now after trying many types on her and having to rip it out, you can see the holes in her head. Also I wet it so it so you can see it better.

Here it is by itself and dry

and here is the HP Babylocks

4 Likes

Thanks @Lil ! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Hi @GypsyRoss and April @Lil Traditions Fiber Art has started selling her mohair right off her page on Facebook. If you have an account, look for her page by the name I posted and follow it. And if you are wanting a special color contact her through that page. Her name is Judy and she is an awesome lady. I like that some of her mohair isn’t dyed, that she processes it natural. Slumberland is great and so is HP Babylocks.

2 Likes

Yes, shes very nice and I love this hair!..she shipped some to my daughters house for me as well because Im taking Gertie’s head with me on vacation to finish :wink: .

2 Likes

That was sweet of her. I hope you have a nice, safe trip and a wonderful visit at your daughters. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks so much @Lil & @catherineweebab for all your help! :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

You are so welcome.

1 Like

:heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart:

@catherineweebab ~just havong a tough time figuring out HOW to place an order on Friday with Sarah silk on her website for " Very curly spiral black" and dark brown straight mohair…she doesn’t answer her email on FB! ugh!

I promise I wasn’t ignoring you, I wasn’t able to get on the net until this morning, my husband and I have been ill.
Did you find any mohair at all? Sarah’s changed how she handles custom orders now. I just saw her notice this morning. We might have to look at someone else’s if nothing else.

1 Like

You got that right…I hope you are feeling better now! :kissing_heart:

1 Like