Birth certificate name and b-day

I’m almost finished with my first realborn. In filling out the certificate, do I put the day of completion for birthdate? Also, should I add a name of my choosing for this creation? Or do I leave them both blank for potential buyers?
I see pros and cons for both ways, but since I am new to this, I thought I’d ask about the standard. Thank you

1 Like

I add the day baby was finished as the birthdate but leave the name blank. For a custom I ask what they want the birthdate to be or leave it blank.

1 Like

I always send it untouched as I don’t know how the buyer would like it . Some they want the actual day some the day they received the baby .
Also some dolls sell fast some in a few months . I don’t know if you want your buyer to see how long the baby was stuck with you ?? If they ask for sure you let them know .

What I do I have a list of my finished babies with the birthdate , weight etc . and where they went ( ex . WA ; USA )
You can always check that if you need too .

3 Likes

I use the day I list it as the birth date and ask my customers if they want to keep the name I chose or have me put their choice on the birth certificate.

1 Like

Thank you all for your input. I guess I will just make a log or a copy of the birth certificate, input my own info, and leave those areas blank on the original. Also, If I manage to sell, I will take your advice, Andik, and also include where they went on my copy.
What you said about how long you’re “stuck”" with the baby was one of the cons for me because my first doll is almost a year old already , but she has only been shown at a few craft shows.
As an artist, I want my stuff to be authentic and dated. It will be one of the very few ways my existence will be remembered, as I mostly live like a hermit. That’s why it’s all such a dilemma for me. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.

1 Like

You are very welcome . You don’t need to be as a hermit unless you really like that . I made wonderful friends on the doll forums . Some are far away , but we chat trough messenger also have a phone call once in a while .
With someone in UK we exchange small parcels etc .

1 Like

Thank you. It’s not really a choice. It just happens because I lose myself in my creative processes and spend most of my time there. I live with my husband and three children and they get the rest of my time. It will be nice to be able to communicate with others who share similar interests though. :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you :grinning:

1 Like

On the realborn COA
I do the day of completion, time, length, weight, artist name and my nursery name.
There is no where to add the name you gave the realborn.

When I print my version of a birth certificate I add a name line and leave it blank. Unless a custom and they have picked a name before I am ready to ship it - if they have I type that in and print it with the name on it
Here is an example of what I do for the birth certificates now (these are separate from the COAs or care sheet)

6 Likes

I don’t rename my babies, as I think their sculptors put enough thoughts to name that baby and who I am to rename it if it will go to a different mommy.
The time of birth for me when I cut the last cord (cable), which is for me head cable.

Here is the sample how I do my ‘going home’ certificate

9 Likes

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

the certificates print them on regular paper? and printing certificates with photos spend a lot of ink? excuse me for asking so much but it is that with you every day I learn something new girls !! thanks​:kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

Yelena, I love your certificates, so cute!!

2 Likes

Thank you!

I order them through walmart photo center. I make them at home on their website and have them do 1 hour photo then go pick them up

1 Like

That’s a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

These are amazing! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thank you!