REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

REBORN DOLLS - Don’t buy reborn dolls, or Silicone baby dolls, until you read this post or you could get scammed. THIS IS A WARNING. A reborn doll is made by A ARTIST, Not by a company, that mass produces, a cheap copy. When produced by the ARTIST, it is one of a kind. If you buy a Cheap knock off, be prepared to be disappointed. These sites are also using the term SILICONE DOLLS or SILICONE REBORN DOLLS. READ this entire content, to see what the issues are concerning reborn dolls and why I am writing this to protect YOU.

Are these your reborn babies? This site is scamming buyers. They could be advertising your doll. One of my collectors alerted me that one of my reborn Saskia’s were on this site. When you click on the photo, it sends you to check out and pay. Please share the word, if you can on FB, dolly forums, etc. so they don’t get away with it. I have sent a message to google. (not sure it was sent to the right place, but asked them to forward it to the right department.) I’m not sure what else I can do, but if we all send messages and alerts out we can try to protect any reborn doll buyers from this scammer.
The Whois information for the domain is registered from China.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A REBORN DOLL - CONTACT A ARTIST, THEY WILL HELP YOU FIND THE DOLL OF YOUR DREAMS OR MAKE ONE FOR YOU. THE INTERNET IS BEING FLOODED,WITH WEBSITES THAT ARE USING ARTIST PHOTOS OF ACTUAL WORK, THEN PUTTING THEM ON THEIR WEBSITE TO USE THE ARTIST BEAUTIFUL WORK TO BAIT AND SWITCH YOU. They are baiting with the photo, then getting you to buy at prices usually under $100. I have seen many photos on Facebook of what the buyer actually gets and let me tell you it is NOT the doll pictured. In my opinion it looks like a cheap Walmart / China doll that used painted stencils to create a doll. Some buyers are not even getting a doll, after months of making the purchase. SAVE yourself money if you want a cheap doll, just go to Walmart, but if you want a custom doll made by the artist, (a true reborn) then contact a reborn doll artist directly. Just keep in mind when a Artist makes a doll, the supplies, the vinyl kit, cloth body, weighting material, hair, eyes, lashes, paints and other supplies cost the Artist usually over $100, BUT, they then have many, many hours painting and assembling a True reborn doll. This is why most reborn dolls cost well over $100. If you pay $100 for a reborn doll you are likely getting scammed. Please do you homework and ask a reborn artist if the site is Legitimate, as the reborn doll community is very aware of what is going on.

Please continue to read what other Artist and collectors have to say about this.

17 Likes

Wow, always a crook trying to take credit for someone else’s work. What a mess

2 Likes

They have more than just Saskia on this site, if you search. The have over 17 pages when do a search for “silicone” and once you get past factory dolls, you can other artist dolls showing up. Just makes me sick this company and others similar sites are damaging the reborn doll market for both sellers and collectors etc.

1 Like

If this site doesn’t have any of your photos, I’m happy for you, but we as “Artist” need to step up and let others know, and to try to put a stop to this. Here is the Registrar’s of the domain: domainabuse@service.aliyun.com Please send them an email letting them know it is a scammer site, and to close it down. THIS IS A CALL TO ACTION TO HELP every reborn artist and every reborn collector/buyer. Thanks for helping now, as it could be your photo used next. :heart:

3 Likes

Lots of Saskias.
What a shame.

I reported.

Everyone else please do it too!

2 Likes

And they offer them for $88 - 109???

1 Like

https://rebirtha.com/collections/bestsellers/products/22-twin-sisters-little-veda-and-sariah-reborn-baby-doll-girl?variant=29485872808011

I’m guessing this is the same company.

This is absolutely disgusting.

1 Like

Yes, this is the same company from what I can see… Here is the whois info:

Raw WHOIS Record

Domain Name: rebirtha.com Registry Domain ID: 2411218587_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN Registrar WHOIS Server: grs-whois.hichina.com Registrar URL: http://whois.aliyun.com Updated Date: 2019-07-10T06:30:57Z Creation Date: 2019-07-10T06:26:28Z Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-07-10T06:26:28Z Registrar: Alibaba Cloud Computing (Beijing) Co., Ltd. Registrar IANA ID: 420 Reseller: Domain Status: ok EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN Registrant City: Registrant State/Province: Guang Dong Registry Registrant ID: Not Available From Registry Name Server: DNS15.HICHINA.COM Name Server: DNS16.HICHINA.COM DNSSEC: unsigned Registrar Abuse Contact Email: DomainAbuse@service.aliyun.com Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +86.95187 URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/ >>>Last update of WHOIS database: 2019-07-25T23:22:22Z <<<

As you can see the Registrar contact info is the same. Here is another one they have the same main domain: reborndollsshop.com
Domain Name: reborndollsshop.com
Registry Domain ID: 2403410987_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: grs-whois.hichina.com
Registrar URL: http://whois.aliyun.com
Updated Date: 2019-06-18T08:20:56Z
Creation Date: 2019-06-18T08:18:23Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-06-18T08:18:23Z
Registrar: Alibaba Cloud Computing (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
Registrar IANA ID: 420
Reseller:
Domain Status: ok EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN
Registrant City:
Registrant State/Province: Guang Dong
Registry Registrant ID: Not Available From Registry
Name Server: DNS31.HICHINA.COM
Name Server: DNS32.HICHINA.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: DomainAbuse@service.aliyun.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +86.95187
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/

Last update of WHOIS database: 2019-07-25T23:25:21Z <<<
Here is the screen shot from that site.

2 Likes

SO FAR - 3 SITES have been identified;

rebirtha.com

I believe these sites are using photos of artist reborn dolls to sell unsuspecting buyers a doll that is not as lifelike, in hopes for a quick sell. They were all started in the last couple of months, and are all from China.

1 Like

Wow. This site is using reborns.com Terms of Service! @Reborns

https://rebirtha.com/pages/terms-of-service

1 Like

Someone needs to tell Dave. Maybe he can do something.

3 Likes

Yup! Def tell Dave!

2 Likes

If you read each site, they are just a little different, (they would have to be somewhat to get ranked) so it looks like they take stuff off the internet and piece theirs together. I just hope WE can all send a message to the domain registrar - they might shut the sites down. ( Then again, it could be their own site… who knows)

2 Likes

They have a lot of Aprils on there, too.

they also have a FB page, reported them as fake, but doubt it will help unless they get a lot of complaints

3 Likes

I checked out all 3 of the websites:

rebirtha . com
reborndollsshop . com
dollishreborndolls . com

They are clearly stealing peoples images and scamming people with a bait and switch tactic (if they are sending any goods at all).

I noticed all three of the sites are hosted on Shopify, so I contacted Shopify’s support department to let them know they had a fraudulent seller on their hands.

The wrote back and gave me this link you can use to get your images taken down. It is:

If enough people complain, not only with filing a report, but also emailing about the seller being a complete fraud, maybe they will look into them as a whole and remove them from their platform.

In this day and age of sites like Shopify and Wix, it is too easy for anyone to set up an ecommerce website in minutes, steal some images and start scamming people. We must fight back!

Remember, the squeeky wheel get the grease!

Dave

Here is the email they wrote back to me:

Hi David,

We appreciate you for bringing this up to our attention and for giving us full context. We don’t tolerate people for using other people’s content from their websites without any permission at all.

We badly need your help to have the sellers and artists fill out the form via link below In order for us to take necessary actions: Contact Shopify Support · Shopify Help Center

10 Likes

Thank you, Dave!

1 Like

Thanks Dave, I will be reporting my photo. I’d love to know how your found out they were shopify sites. All I could find was the info. thru their domain name. Anyway, if artist here on this site would take a minute and see if they know of any of the artist the photos belong to and alert them we maybe able to get these 3 sites shut down. Thanks everyone for helping .

I also reported one of their ads that popped up on my facebook.

1 Like