Berjusa baby with No neck

i have an adorable older berjusa i am getting ready to reborn. but it has no neck to attach a body to
Should I even bother to try this? Where does one buy the part

This is a photo from google like my doll head

Thankyou

2 Likes

Looks like my baby doll when I was little. Maybe you could rig up something like the nod neck flange with some pvc piping?

2 Likes

Well, amazingly, I just came across this, but I dont know if BB offers them anylonger

http://pictures.bountifulbaby.com/inventory/420.html

3 Likes

BB does offer the neck flange for Nod and Blinkin, I have used them on several Berenguers and Berjusa dolls

1 Like

Thankyou so much. So there, I got my answer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You had a very lucky childhood, The best my generation had was Chatty Cathy and Chatty Baby
Advertised as SO LIFELIKE
:smile: :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Telling your age there. lol…Do you remember the Crissy growing hair dolls? They were highly desired when I was a child.I now have a collection of them.Poor little deprived me only had one as a child so I made up for it in my old age.

4 Likes

If you need the measurement on the size of the flange they sell ,let me know ,I probably have one floating around here in my supplies.

1 Like

IKR? I didnt have Crissy. But I wish I had all my dolls from when I was a child
I had the first edition barbie. Probably worth a fortune. I saw a Chatty Cathy for close to $1000

What really gets is how many Barbies a child can have. I had Barbie, Midge, Ken and Skipper. Oh how my heart leapt when I got those. I would dream of how I would dress them and what events I planned.
Having Aspergers, I would not let anyone play with my dolls or come in my room. When all the girls got together to play “Barbie” they always wanted to play with mine because I made cool clothes and all my stuff was meticulously in order. I can feel the torture in my stomach now as I think about it my mom making me play with them.

Now I see barbie lying about naked, hair all knotted, clothes lying about.

No respect!

2 Likes

lol

1 Like

I think the Blinkin flange will work. it is 2" about, give or take.

Thankyou for the offer even if I cant be helped :wink:

Share a picture when you get your doll painted.Would love to see it.

2 Likes

My Mom is an antique doll hoarder, she has two storage rooms full of dolls. I recognize all of these dolls you’ll are naming off. Let me know if you want me to ask her about anything in particular. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

TY. Always love the generous people here.

@Labindsaby @MaryJane @mamadar82

I find it so amazing how our doll choices were part of our future choices, needs and desires.
I believe that is why we remember them so clearly and these memories warm our hearts to that simpler time when we chose them for the simplest reasons Yet as adults we can see the many things we do driven by those early choices.

Our innocence was one of G_d’s most important blessings

7 Likes

I was a very lucky little girl. My mom also grew up poor and had very few dolls as a child. She still has one that was very special to her as her family couldn’t afford such a lavish gift, but they found a way to surprise her with it. I still have the two anatomically correct newborn Berjusa babies like the one from this original post. They were my most realistic and favorite dolls. I got the boy one Christmas, then the girl another year. My mom would go to Goodwills and garage sales and buy the dolls she longed for as a girl. My room looked like something out of a doll magazine. I loved all of my babies. Even through high school, when I had my job at McD’s, I would occasionally treat myself to a new doll. Dolls are a pleasure that my mom and I can share together, and now my little daughter as well. It is wonderful to meet other ladies (and men too) with a love for dolls. As a matter of fact, my 11 y/o son has a love for antique German and French dolls. Here is a peek at his shelf in his room.

3 Likes

HEAVEN!

I love dolls always have. My daughter, who I gave a porcelain doll every year, never liked dolls.

But not to worry, she is a senior systems senior engineer at Apple.
tho I am just a bit concerned since she is inventing a program to go with an implant on her hand to be able to control your environment and no I am NOT kidding. Kind of like a data doll…right?

2 Likes

I just noticed that beautiful tea cup! And the tea cup baby. I fell in love with those when I saw them in Old Towne Spring Texas 18 some years ago. I wanted one so bad but they were like $300

And that china doll…I’m so peanut butter and jealous!

1 Like

He bought the little doll at a doll show last year. He doesn’t currently own any authentic German or French dolls, only replicas for now. However, My Mom had promised him hers, which are 100 years old, when he is ready.

2 Likes

I cant wait to see what he evolves as his life brings him into adulthood! He will be an artist of some nature I bet.

Has he started to reborn?

There is a young boy I see from time to time on EBAY who does some amazing impressive reborning. All his babies are bald, but that is his mark. And the dolls sell fast though they are expensive.

2 Likes