Being honest

I cant or don’t want tax Id cause of my SSI

I do not have a problem paying full price at all for my Bountiful Baby kits- have done it before and my babies turned out beautiful and sold fast :slight_smile: Unfortunately, I have very little time to paint and several kits. Why I hoarded kits is beyond me. That is why i have not signed up for the wholesale site- I am not buying or selling right now. I took a different job last year and am moving up with there- so no time for my art right now.

3 Likes

I just bought several BB kits from another reborner who is quitting. I expect to use them to make Christmas sales babies but I have not sold many babies this year at all. I have been focusing more on silicone which takes longer to paint and been making some for myself.

1 Like

I am right there with you! I have so many kits, I absolutely love the art, but I have no time to paint for now.

I don’t buy too many kits from BB anymore NOT because of any of the sales or lack of sales but for me it’s more about the kits I want. There are so many beautiful “artist sculpted” kits and BB doesn’t carry them. I love the Realborns but so many of them look so much alike that I just got burned out on them. Now that’s not their fault, these babies are mostly related so what can you expect. As for the Silicones-----people on SS like me can’t usually afford them. Another thing----until the pandemic hit, BB had the best vinyl in the market, IMO. I don’t like seeing what’s happening right now. I do agree with whoever said “this trend is fading”. I’ve made dolls a good portion of my life and every phase has faded. Cloth, Porcelain etc. Reborns will go by the wayside too. Sad.

7 Likes

https://tax.ohio.gov/business/ohio-business-taxes/sales-and-use/registration

I had to do some poking around. I think it would work much better on a computer than a phone browser. I got to a point where I wasn’t seeing the info and I had to turn my phone sideways lol. You will have to create an account to apply,

1 Like

Thank you. I clicked the link on bb site n created an account. It said I could use for any Ohio site. But, it keeps telling me username or password is incorrect. I was gonna call tomorrow. Thanks again.

1 Like

Just tried it, it took me to the same page. Still telling me incorrect name or I’d. I’m gonna try it on my laptop tomorrow.

@anjsmiles A regular price for BB is now $69.99, then you have to buy a body separate, that’s another $19.99 or more. Then add the $14.99 for shipping. That’s a total of $104.97. You can get a hand sculpted kit with the body included and free shipping for the same price at MacPherson. And I have always loved Realborn kits but honestly speaking, we all know the troubles we have all had with them, with the bad vinyl and the painted over ones. I’ve had to sell painted dolls as booboo’s more then once. On the other hand, I have never had any issues with a kit from say, Laura Lee Eagles, Cassie Brace, Bonnie Brown and many more. Kits by these Artists sell higher then a BB kit also.

2 Likes

I didn’t think about the bodies. I also never order just one thing from here so that the shipping covers more items. But I see what you are saying. On a side note, I have gotten a lot of my bodies from Babies By Emily for $13.99. She doesn’t have a true front loading body though. (Babies by Emily - Doll Bodies Album) I love the Sawyer body for the 19-20" kits and the 17-18" body works well for the kits up to 18.5". Her bodies are fuller cut so if you have a very skinny limbed baby then the BB bodies will be a better fit.

I think like I said earlier, BB would be in better business to not have so many sales and just offer free shipping. Then they would be more in line with what everyone else does. But you can’t have it both ways or they would surely suffer.

I too find that the quality went down on the vinyl here and also the realborns all are looking more like cookie cuts of each other. It does get boring and I do not order them nearly as often as I did. Like everyone else, I get them on sales and put them away for Christmas babies. However, I had sold all I had with no intentions of getting any more til I ran across this lady selling her stash of older kits.

2 Likes

It’s business. If you live in one of the states that require a tax id, get one. Some are free. Pretty easy.

I think you are right and reborns are on the way out…i hope the trend lasts just a few more years though…i have so much fun painting them!!! :relaxed:

1 Like

Exactly. So if you have to pay $100 for a Realborn, why not buy a known sculptor kit for about the same and be able to sell it for a little more. That’s exactly what I mean.

3 Likes

@anjsmiles I have been wondering where the Plumpie Rumpie Diapers were, thanks for that link!

1 Like