Beating heart question

aren’t there special bodies for the beating hearts? How much are they and do they hold he heart on the inside or outside of the body?

Hi! people make them, there are people on the forum who do not sure who makes them now but what I did was I took a piece of felt and sewed it on the front of the body and then just tucked the mechanism inside the pocket on the outside of the body. That way if can be removed and replace the batteries if need be. I like the idea of using pink felt with a contrasting color of thread for example for a fun look. Or you can go beige/beige to match.
Hope this helps!

— Begin quote from “kathrynpgadomski”

Hi! people make them, there are people on the forum who do not sure who makes them now but what I did was I took a piece of felt and sewed it on the front of the body and then just tucked the mechanism inside the pocket on the outside of the body. That way if can be removed and replace the batteries if need be. I like the idea of using pink felt with a contrasting color of thread for example for a fun look. Or you can go beige/beige to match.
Hope this helps!

— End quote

yeah I actually was thinking of just going with something like that. Thanks for the advice

When you do that, doesn’t it leave a bump under the clothes? I want to add a voice box of my grandaughter laughing but don’t want a bump and don’t want it inside the doll where I have to take it apart over and over. The beating heart would take more battery life since I’d have it on more. Thought about putting the pocket on the back but that just seems weird!

i sew the pocket on the inside of the body

— Begin quote from “djjessie228”

When you do that, doesn’t it leave a bump under the clothes? I want to add a voice box of my grandaughter laughing but don’t want a bump and don’t want it inside the doll where I have to take it apart over and over. The beating heart would take more battery life since I’d have it on more. Thought about putting the pocket on the back but that just seems weird!

— End quote

I leave a dent in the stuffing for where the heart is going to be, so the heart dents into the body… hm not sure if I am explaining what I mean correctly lol… sort of like where the heart will rest you leave a little space and take some stuffing out, so it sort of pokes in. you can still feel the hard heart though… thats what i have been working with but i am interested in hearing other’s suggestions on the matter!