BBs new website this summer?

What is the new website (coming this summer) they mentioned at the Rose show? It sounds like kitmy.com, or kitme?

What is it for? @bbsupport

2 Likes

Where did you hear them say that?

I found it! It’s kinby.com

1 Like

It’s on one of the Rose show videos.

It’s for their new line of kinby dolls. They’re pre made children’s dolls like Ashton drake or paradise galleries

2 Likes

It’s explained a little in this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZRX886T68I

1 Like

Following! I wasn’t at Rose, but this sounds really interesting.

There’s a “kinby” section on BB’s website right now— currently selling preemie socks

1 Like

Are they like finished realborns?? That’s what I gathered from the video. I would love to see up close pictures if anyone has them! I’m excited to see more

2 Likes

Hmmmmm…won’t this reduce reborners’ customer base?

1 Like

I hope not! But Ashton Drake and Paradise Galleries haven’t done much damage, so I’m thinking this won’t either. It’ll just be another option for those with kids who want a “real reborn.” Artists who produce noticeably better quality dolls probably won’t even notice.

(I remember when realborns were seen as a threat to sculptors, too! Everything turned out fine that time, so I have faith this will too :smile:.)

2 Likes

Best case scenario, this cuts down on people giving expensive art dolls to young children and then complaining when they’re damaged!

5 Likes

Technically yes. Which sucks. Like it’s not hard enough to get a decent price on our babies. Ugh

2 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking @taylorsgirl — how could it not impact our customer base??? :grimacing:
Seems a strange thing to do when they sell the actual kits.

2 Likes

As a newer artist having only sold 3 babies, this worries me. Without an established customer base, I don’t feel that I can charge the big bucks for my babies yet. If BB is able to undercut newer artists who HAVE to sell to afford another kit like me, a whole lot of us are in trouble. It makes financial sense from their perspective since they will be getting their money either way, but it’s really sad to hear this news. :frowning:

3 Likes

Hopefully it won’t impact reborn sales. It is a completely different type of doll, not an actual reborn. I’m curious/excited to see them, and I’m cautiously optimistic they won’t impact reborners negatively.

4 Likes

Agreed. Its sad. And I feel like BB is back stabbing the people who made them what they are.

2 Likes

I want a bit of your optimism. Im just worried because if I am unable to sell… I will have to give up the hobby entirely. :frowning:

1 Like

As long as they don’t specifically call them “reborns,” I wouldn’t say it’s backstabbing. They’re making a whole new website for them, so I’m guessing they’re not going to be marketing them as reborns. I agree that if they make them too realistic and use the Bountiful Baby name, it might hurt beginner artists’ sales. But if they just look like toys, they’ll be competing with Ashton Drake, not artists.

1 Like

I don’t think this is good news for reborn artists…:astonished:

2 Likes

I’m going to wait till I can actually see the new products before making a conclusion. I think we’re all assuming different things, just like we did when the first realborns came out. Hey, @bbsupport, when will we know more?