BBN&B Taite

She is now my 8th Reborn- I just ordered her lashes-
I went with the sparse mohair strip-as I do not know how to root lashes yet!
I have named her Tieryn…and she is the Taite sculpt by Denise Pratt…
I just wish she was a bit bigger!
Why are the really detailed sculpts so tiny?
It seems that my favorites are always a bit too small-
like Taite (Pratt), Adrian (Gall), Liberty & Harmony (Eagles), even Zachy (Winters)
If they were 18" even, they would be Perfect!
I am going to work on my Lane now that my BB clearance kits are finished-
Can’t wait to show her done!!!
Let me know what you think!

Love the sweet cheeks on that one! Those three (Taite, Taylor & Tayla) are on my want to do list too.

And eyelashes on closed eyed babies aren’t so hard, you should give it a try, I think you’ll love the resuts. Even if you pick up a cheap soft doll from Walmart or Target, just lay the mohair across the lashline (very defined in a closed eye baby) and use the rooting tool to push the hair into the crease, & glue from the inside, then trim when dry. You can even curl them up a bit by wetting the hair & curling it over the eyebrow area, then when it’s dry, you trim to the length you want closer to the eye.

BEAUTIFUL BABY!

By the way, where in Jersey are you? I lived in Mercer County for 50 years, and worked for the Dept of State there for 26 of those years!

Thank you for responding!
You know what?
I think I’m gonna try it!
What gauge rooting needle should I use for lashes?
Any specific type of mohair?
I would like to eventually root them on my siggy Baby too, but I am so afraid!
I am in Ocean County- but my hubby grew up in Mercer!
I think I am going to try the other 2 of the triplets-
before the kits aren’t available anymore…which would be my luck!
P.S.
I LOVE your NOD- she is just lovely!!!

sooo cute

Your Taite is cute for a screamer! Just glad that I can’t hear her! Rooting eyelashes on closed eyes isn’t hard once you know to root in the groove. Try it on one and see. The hardest part for me is getting them in evenly. And trimming them to the right length. Hope to see more babies soon!

It is very hard to believe that she is only your 8th doll! Your painting is very soft and realistic, your creases are very nicely blended. Congrats on this beautiful baby!

Very well done, Congratulation you did a very good job.

— Begin quote from “BBN&B”

Thank you for responding!
You know what?
I think I’m gonna try it!
What gauge rooting needle should I use for lashes?
Any specific type of mohair?
I would like to eventually root them on my siggy Baby too, but I am so afraid!
I am in Ocean County- but my hubby grew up in Mercer!
I think I am going to try the other 2 of the triplets-
before the kits aren’t available anymore…which would be my luck!
P.S.
I LOVE your NOD- she is just lovely!!!

— End quote

You can use pretty much whatever needle size you have, (I usually keep 38/38 crown, 40 and 42 forked needles) but the 38 is pretty universal, easy to handle. Any mohair should work, I buy from Cher, but BB has mohair for sale too. One great tip I learned from another individual if you don’t have a tool to hold the needles, she suggested you can use a wine cork. I bought a felting pen from Joann’s fabrics and it holds uncut needles - but they do not sell the smaller gauge needles there - those I get from BB.

Thank you all for your kind words!
I really appreciate the helpful info!
I didn’t want to order a bunch of supplies, only to find that I ordered the wrong thing…but
I will give it a go and post along the way Thanks again!!!

She’s wounderful! Love her coloring. Guess i’m the odd ball, i dont like painting the small kits much.

Oh, she’s wonderful! I have a Taite kit, and I appreciate looking at yours before I begin! Imitation is flattery, right???
And if you’re fussing with glued on eyelashes, take my word for it, rooting is far easier. Never will do glued on again! Be brave!

She is sooooooooo darn cute, so realistic. Be sure to show us when she’s all done, DEE