Bb.......please revise packing

Hi
I was stunned again by your incredibly fast service and shipping! Ordered one day got it the NEXT…and we are half way across the country from each other! GOOD JOB

When I opened the box I went OH NO! I had ordered test heads…there were the right number, all different sizes (thankyou ) but they were just thrown in the Priority Mail Box (with the new inky lettering on the inside) without the benefit of a plastic bag! Yes…Ink was on four of them. What was really frustrating was that each head had a plastic bag stuffed inside it. LOL Didn’t help much there!
The ink came off for the most part…and since they are test heads I will use the ones that the ink didn’t come out to practice how to “get around ink problems”. But it concerns me that this happened at all.
Just a heads up to the packers to be a little more careful of following protocols would be nice…if this is the protocol then I think BB you should rethink it!
Thanks for great service and products
Joy

Joy, be sure to also write directly to them at sales at bountiful baby dot com.

even though they are test heads i agree they should still be carefully packaged because it is your hard earned money. this hasnt happened to me though but i agree with you hun

— Begin quote from “joy”

Hi
I was stunned again by your incredibly fast service and shipping! Ordered one day got it the NEXT…and we are half way across the country from each other! GOOD JOB

When I opened the box I went OH NO! I had ordered test heads…there were the right number, all different sizes (thankyou ) but they were just thrown in the Priority Mail Box (with the new inky lettering on the inside) without the benefit of a plastic bag! Yes…Ink was on four of them. What was really frustrating was that each head had a plastic bag stuffed inside it. LOL Didn’t help much there!
The ink came off for the most part…and since they are test heads I will use the ones that the ink didn’t come out to practice how to “get around ink problems”. But it concerns me that this happened at all.
Just a heads up to the packers to be a little more careful of following protocols would be nice…if this is the protocol then I think BB you should rethink it!
Thanks for great service and products
Joy

— End quote

It is absolutely against our policy to pack that way. It has been brought up in our staff meetings before.

Joy, I looked up your email address from the forum registration data, then I looked up your order from the email address, then from the order I found out who packed and who checked your order here at Bountiful Baby. They will be talked to, as this is totally unacceptable packing.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Nevin Pratt
CEO, Bountiful Baby

Thanks so much!
I figured you would want to know and I also knew the ladies here would like to know also. Sometimes when we get a box we don’t always jump to open it right away especially if we know that what it contains will not be used immediately. I think that if those heads had sat in that box much longer, especially since it is so VERY hot in my area of the country the ink would have totally penetrated the vinyl. If this was a first kit I would be furious. And, so would you. This was easy and as cheap a lesson as is possible to have. No harm no foul as some would say.
Please do not be too hard on the people who packed and checked. I am sure they too need their jobs very much. But you also need to be able to trust them to do the best job possible. Like I said…no harm no foul.

I was totally blown away by how VERY fast that order got here! Thanks for attaching wings to your boxes!!! LOL

Thanks for your interest and caring…this is why we all buy from you guys…your customer support and immediate reactivity.

Thanks again
Joy Franklin

In my humble opinion, you cannot do any better than Bountiful Baby. Joy, I am glad you got a response and I, too, hope they aren’t too hard on the employees.

TY Bountiful Baby for keeping us going!

Deb
These things happen…but when they do I think it is important to tell the company. If you don’t tell them what is happening they will have no way to correct it until someone blows up big time over something terribly expensive. That would be a shame.
It appears all is well now. Nevin will see to it that proper box packing is brought up in a staff meeting, the procedure gone over ONCE AGAIN, and then with a private little talk with the packer and reviewer of this order, I think the problem will solved for awhile. Future reminders will come up I am sure…we are all human. But it is comforting to see that BB is running their company well from the mail room to the executive offices. All to our benefit.
Thanks again BB for taking this seriously.

hugs
Joy