Bb july 4th sale?

Does anyone know if BB usually runs a July 4th sale or not? I have some dollars that are burning a hole in my pocket and wanting to get a few kits…I only want Realborns at the moment though. Some of the Aussie Suppliers have some other artist doll kits on clearance that I am going to get if BB doesn’t do a July 4th sale…just getting impatient (Patience is not one of my virtues when I am in the mood to buy something…heehee)

6 Likes

Traditionally they have. I am waiting too as I have a budget for a project and am trying to keep expenses down on this one. Maybe they’ll post one tomorrow or Saturday.

4 Likes

Typically BB does not put their Realborns on sale…but who knows. They now a line of Realborns that are not limited editions so things may change.

2 Likes

Do you know what the sales have been in the past on the 4th?

I do understand if they don’t put them on sale…I sure did like the free postage when they did that though…ha! I’d like to get a Thomas, Clyde and Asher asleep but just for the 3 Realborns it would cost me $315 ($184 + $55 = $239us converted to Aussie dollars) YIKES!!! I am not meaning to whinge but it kinda takes the fun out of it. They do have the best international shipping rates but it is just our dollar is so low it puts about 30% more on our cost…a downright crying shame! wahhhhhhhh :sob:

6 Likes

I am crossing my heels for you!!!:heart:

Okay, “whinge”. Typo, or Aussie word???

1 Like

Aussie slang meaning whine or complain…so I am being a Whinger when I whine and complain. hahaha!

4 Likes

Oh cool! A new word. Does it rhyme with hinge and cringe?

1 Like

Yes…you are great!!! You could be a linguist with the way you seem to know how to pronounce all the foreign words…I saw you doing it with Adrie Stoete’s name on another thread too! :smile:

1 Like

That’s because I have had to expose myself to many languages. We adopted from Kazakhstan and Ethiopia and I just love languages. I can’t speak any of them, but I enjoy learning them for the first two weeks before it gets hard! LOL I speak a teensy amount of Spanish and an even teensier amount of German. French totally and completely eludes me. It might as well be a foreign language…(LOL)

4 Likes

lolololol…

My mom and dad are both linguist. They translated a couple of languages into english from some tribes in New Guinea back in the 1950 - 1960s. We were in Africa for 2 -3 years as well (Rhodesia and South Africa) and I was actually born while my parents were in New Guinea. I have been in quite a few countries but only ever lived in New Guinea, Africa, USA and Australia. I do remember a lot of the countries we travelled through though I was young. I speak a little french and can count to 10 in Japanese but that is about the extent of my foreign language knowledge.

3 Likes

You have had the most interesting life, Starr! My hubby has too. He has lived many places but like you doesn’t really speak anything but French and English. His French is kinda tired now cause he doesn’t use it. The only place I’ve every been was Kazakhstan. That is a dark, dark land! My husband gave out bread and Bibles on the street. We gave a Bible to a taxi driver and he turned off his cab, pulled over and started reading. They are very rare there. We have so many “God” stories from that trip!

3 Likes

That is beautiful Helen. My folks were missionaries for years as well as linguist.I know what you mean about the people in those countries loving to have Bibles. They were like that in Africa as well. They could not believe that they were actually being given them to keep and they treasured them. I could tell you some really amazing stories too…My dad was the first white man some of the tribes in New Guinea had ever seen. Some of them even tried to scratch the ‘white’ off his skin and some of them thought he was the Great White Spirit. Some of the tribes were cannibalistic that he worked among. They are a very interesting people with very deeply ingrained customs and cultural beliefs. We should get together…heehee!

2 Likes

Didn’t I see a U tube video similar to what you are saying your dad did.? I’m sure that was in PNG too.

Not sure? When would that have been? My parents were there between 1957 - 1962. My parents don’t know how to use computers and everything they did was documented in the form of the old time slides (my dad is now 87 and my mother 79…lol) I don’t have Facebook or U tube so not really sure…How would I go about seeing what you are talking about? Would be interesting to watch…
My dad was in Manokwari, New Guinea and it was under Dutch rule back then…I think PNG (Papua) was considered Australian owned back then but is now independent (not 100% positive on that point.)

[quote=“honojane, post:11, topic:26462”]
It might as well be a foreign language…(LOL)
[/quote] :laughing: You made me laugh so hard that I’m going to have to borrow one of the baby’s diapers. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@westernstarr My husband would just love it if I would say, “Hey honey, lets go to Australia!” Instead I say, “Hey honey, lets go to the ROSE show!” Not nearly so thrilling for him, but he gets such a happy look on his face when I want to go to that show because I never want to go anywhere. He honestly loves to do nice things for me. I am so blessed. I have had too many kids and animals since we have known each other. And I never trust anybody to take care of them the way I do. He tells me they might do it different, but just as well. Is there anything written or recorded about your parents? I’d love to read about their missions.

2 Likes

@otterbaby2 I laughed in return seeing you with the baby diaper!

2 Likes

They usually do have a sale on the 4th of July!! No dolly dollars though, I am holding babies and primates back for Christmas!
DebbieG