Bald babies

I have found from experience and observation that bald babies don’t fetch as much as a rooted hair baby. Let’s face it…people like hair! I have seen some beautiful painted hair dolls sell for quite a lot, as much as babies with nicely rooted hair.
Mary

I think there has been a definite shift toward painted hair being equal to rooted hair in the last year or so. I personally prefer painted hair and painting hair. It’s a skill worth mastering

I still like at least peach fuzz on babies. I just can’t seem to bring myself to do sparse hair even.

We need a class by Stevie- your hair is magnificent!

— Begin quote from “kristi”

We need a class by Stevie- your hair is magnificent!

— End quote

I know… She has really for it figured out…

Sometimes I think painted or baldies are better for people who might suffer from allergies - after all, it is animal hair - although some people use human hair. Just a thought.

My little peach-fuzzed boys…Ryan at 6 months and Adam, 1 month. They are now 26 and 32…and I am 29

— Begin quote from “Karen in Florida”

My little peach-fuzzed boys…Ryan at 6 months and Adam, 1 month. They are now 26 and 32…and I am 29

— End quote

They are almost as cute as Sophia!

Thanks, Pia

I sell bald babies as budget babies in my Simply Baby line. I don’t expect to sell a bald baby for as much as a rooted baby but I do sell them just fine if the sculpt has a nice shaped head. People buy them for kids, for the elderly, to put wigs on (yes, believe it or not I have had a few buyers who preferred to wig their babies and change the wigs around every so often) or sometimes to root and resell. I think selling a bald baby is just fine if that is what you want to do. I even have a bald baby in my collection and I like him that way.

1 Like