Baby Avi - please post yours

You shouldn’t be. I think it’s not nervousness, it’s excitement! I am sure that you can pull anything! And you can always say that that was your vision :wink:

2 Likes

Aww, what a perfect baby avatar by Claire’s Cuties shows up today on Reborns for adoption! :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Can’t wait to see yours finished on here. Are you close to finishing?

1 Like

No, my is moving painfully slow, Still working on his stripes - I guess I did too many, but I looked at Pandora’s avatars from the movie again and they are full of stripes. I used regular pastels with the brush dipped in Gamsol to add turquoise hue around them, but It didn’t stay well. Still need to varnish pastel powder to preserve what stayed.

1 Like

my goodness did you use a rubber snake for a tail?

You are a genius!!! Love it, great coloring.

3 Likes

Thanks ! as they say necessity is the mother of invention LOL and I would never be happy with something that didn’t resemble a tail at least .
It looks better on my other avatar the color is a better match since I want some flesh tone on this one it was not an easy match .

2 Likes

@LillyBellesBabies Did you sell your beautiful avatar-boy today?

1 Like

When the new movie comes out I’ll bet there will be a lot of people wanting an Avatar baby, toddler and/or child.

3 Likes

@AnnieSokay I am sure of that! New movie Avatar 2 will be released on Dec.17, 2021.
I am not sure if I want to paint another avatar baby. Or are you saying that I have time to practice? :rofl:

I am planning to take mine to the movie theater (if I will not hate him so much that I want to sell him). I am sure that will bring lots of attention :slight_smile: .

4 Likes

You don’t need practice, I’m saying paint another one or two. Someone is going to want one before the movie comes out so they can take the doll in the movies with them too, lol. Mine was a custom for my daughter. I am not making another. The Hybrid is mine, I am done.

2 Likes

He is not available and has been adopted , however not yesterday on Reborns.com . I am paying to have people view my babies so I want them to see a variety of my work .
I did as you did on one of yours I believe it was one of your Manor Elves however it would not allow me to price it at zero it insisted I add a price LOL how did you manage that ?

3 Likes

I had to put $0.00.
I think it’s smart to keep all your babies in one place if you want to treat is as your portfolio.
Your avatar babies are beautiful!

3 Likes

Thank you I was partially going by my own thoughts on it and what Dave posted on the site on showing my adopted babies in my nursery .
But I wanted to leave the price blank it wouldn’t allow me to do it that way I even went back to remove the amount afterwards and it wouldn’t let me LOL I would add my larger one however I am keeping her and afraid someone might ask for one and I really don’t want to do another anytime soon.

3 Likes

Avatar is my favorite movie. I can’t wait for the new movie!! I hope it’s as good as the first.

2 Likes

FYI
I was accepted on FB Na’vi group and this is what I’ve read:

6 Likes

Disney is VERY protective of their copyrights/trademarks. I sell teaching resources on another site and they will periodically do a sweep of the site and send cease and desist letters to any sellers they feel are infringing on their intellectual property (including using character names or likenesses). If you ignore their letter, they can sue you. I don’t know if they will actually sue anyone, but just the threat from their lawyers is usually enough to scare people.

3 Likes

This happy little Avi was finally born tonight at 12:55 am :slight_smile:

It’s dark and his eyes looks darker than they are, but they have pretty umber color in them.
And the tail magnets are so strong that they can even hold together through the cloth of the body and diaper! And he has an extra silicone tail created for him by @Gabriell. Thank you again, GIna!

Fearless little guy already trying to connect with the horse with his tail - what a quick learner!

11 Likes

Oooo glad I’m not selling mine!

1 Like

He looks very good! His tail is adorable.

1 Like

This SO makes me want to do this someday! They all look amazing!

1 Like