Hmmmm. I’m not able to see the names when clicking on the avatar. I wonder if it’s the Google Chrome or something like that. I’m not super techno savvy, so I really have no idea.

We used to be able to click on the avatar and get the member’s quick info. Now, we have to right-click on the avatar and click on “open in new tab” to see their full page. It definitely takes longer. :frowning:

I’m crystal from Colorado springs

1 Like

Ah, yes. I just did it on you, Amy. It works, but I can see a list of all of your posts and messages, kind of like when I look at my own profile. That’s a little more information that I thought we could see. I thought we would only be able to see the brief name and introduction. Then again, they are all message that were posted on the forum and are still all public. It doesn’t look like we have access to any private messages (duh, they wouldn’t be private then, would they?) He he he, sometimes I say silly stuff.

1 Like

Yes, it pulls up the full Profile page and not the little summary. I do use that page when I’m looking for a particular post by someone when I can’t find it through the search function. No one can see your Private messages, though. :slight_smile:

A quick way to get the name is to start tagging the person by typing @username (ie: @honojane) and a list will pop up. You’ll see the name next to the username. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[quote=“fallnangelmama, post:26, topic:25819, full:true”]
I’m crystal from Colorado springs
[/quote]What a beautiful name. Diane

[quote=“AmyR777, post:25, topic:25819, full:true”]
We used to be able to click on the avatar and get the member’s quick info. Now, we have to right-click on the avatar and click on “open in new tab” to see their full page. It definitely takes longer
[/quote]Can you still private message a person by doing this, Amy?

1 Like

Thanks my friends. I’m feeling all better now!

3 Likes

Yes, Diane. There is a “Message” button on the top-right of the screen for you to click on. :blush:

Nope…I clicked on your name and I clicked on your avatar and it just sat there. I agree though if someone doesn’t want us to know their real name they won’t put it in the profile. I also like to look up someones real name and use it when we chat. I seems more personable and REAL.

1 Like

The last time we lost the ability to PM it was a glitch that they fixed after a few days. If we can’t get into the profiles we can’t PM.

Help @bbsupport or @EmilyBB !!!

Heehee

2 Likes

If you right-click on the name or avatar you can get to the member’s page and the message button is there.

1 Like

On my iPhone, I can select the name or the avatar and it takes me to the profile,?

1 Like

I haven’t tried it on my mobile devices but that method doesn’t work on the PC anymore. It’s strange because when the mouse is over it, the icon changes to a hand. :frowning:

Mine does too, (change to a hand) but it doesn’t work anymore. I don’t access this from my phone cause it’s too small for me to read. LOL

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

The Technician is looking into the issue with the name cards.

Until it’s fixed, with the new update of the forum there is now a user list.
http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/users

Every user can now click on there menu, and view a user member list as shown in this image below.

Thanks Everyone!
Emily

2 Likes

Thank you, Emily.

1 Like