Artist problems

I just sat and painted for almost 3 hours without a break. Now my back hurts. Anybody got any “Artist Problems” they would like to share? Lol

3 Likes

I can’t sit for more than 20 minutes at a time due to pinched nerves in my cervical and lumbar spine. I know it is hereditary. I also know sitting on the phones for over 20 years didn’t help either. It takes me forever to finish a doll. It bothers me most when I root hair because the side of my left and and left pinky go completely numb. I wonder how much longer I will be able to do this art.

4 Likes

That really sucks! Hopefully you can keep Reborning for a very long time!

3 Likes

Rooting for 2 hours hurts my back ugh :weary: lol and my eye sight sucks lol :joy:

3 Likes

:wink: I don’t think you will find one person without any problems here… unfortunately.
Especially in the older generation.

5 Likes

I get cramps in my fingers from rooting. And I stab myself with the needle sometimes. One time I even accidentally rooted a hair into my thumb. :rofl:

5 Likes

My butt falls asleep after a long time :wink: Does that count? Hahaha! Thankfully I have to get up and walk to my oven.
My eyes get dry and start burning.

Oh I have soooo stabbed my self… nothing bad thank goodness! Also had a needle tip fly and hit me in the face… so thankful no eye injury! Now I am super careful… and understand why we might want goggles :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Why does the damn rooting needle hurt so much. more than a regular needle, I swear it is worse than stepping on legos.

7 Likes

Yes you are right about the rooting needle. It really hurts when you stab yourself.

1 Like

Maybe the barbs make it hurt more? I’m luck I made it through the entire head of my first doll without injury lol. Who knows with this one though.

4 Likes

Sometimes I stab myself and it really hurts, sometimes I don’t feel it at all. There’s no in between.

4 Likes

Nope, the forked needles hurt bad too!:crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

Yes I use forked needles and boy do they hurt.

2 Likes

You guys wouldn’t make good diabetics, we stick ourselves all the time!! only NOT with rooting needles!! hahahaha

4 Likes

I can’t imagine @lynn I feel I need first aid when I stick myself. I hardly do it but I also use that plastic toothbrush for babies on my finger. It helps a lot.

fingerbrush

2 Likes

It hurts my back, neck and eyes!

I get a lot of neck pain. Sometimes I have to stop for a week or so until the pain goes away.

I paint standing up. Sitting hurts my back. When I root I root for 2 hours straight then sit for half hour to relax my legs.

I used to be able to paint for 8 hours at a time. If I got up to grab lunch in the middle, there were no symptoms other than occasional mild upper back pain. Other than that, I have stabbed myself with a needle.

Now I have ruptured disks in my neck which are exercise related. Apparently I forgot that I’m a peri menopausal woman instead of a 21 year old. But anyway, I haven’t been able to paint in months. Every time I try, my neck, shoulder and right arm are on fire.

Moral of the story: If you are over 40, don’t exercise. :grin:

3 Likes

Yes, running out of dolly money :slight_smile:
That’s a big problem .

4 Likes