Artist alias

I’m curious if any of you lovely ladies reborn under a different name than your legal name? I want my reborning to be kept separate from my career so I dropped my last name and reborn with my first and middle (Crystal Mae rather than Crystal Mae Boese Thompson). I’m curious if that is commonly done by other artists.

i started reborning as brittany milligan … my first and last name … but decided it was better to go by brittany nicole … my first and middle … because it sounded better. for me it separates the artist from the mom

I think I tend to keep my name sort of in the “background.” I have named my “nursery” Kountry Kare Kreations, so I try to keep that the focus. I used to use Kountry Kare Nursery but I have many other crafts that I do, so changing it to Kreations seemed logical. I can use it for all my hobbies. My last name is KasaKaitas, and yes, two capital Ks. Thus all the Ks in my title. I think considering what will be easy and pleasant to the ear is better for customers. We have to make it unforgettable.

My nursery name is Karen’s Kreations – so kute and klever, right??? It also covered for me when I was sewing all those Himstedt dresses several years ago – being as kreative as I am and all.

HOWEVER, my Ebay ID is “gwshops” – which comes from my Dh having had a newspaper column in our local paper for 10 years or so, and he never used our sons or my real name…gw meant goodwife, and then there was oldest son and youngest son (we’re all “klever” in this family, right? ) so as not to embarrass them since they were in middle school and high school at the time. Gee. I forgot the question. Happens to me a lot

Oh, and edited so I could show you my other logo for sewing–

I recently married but keep my former name because my following knows me by that name and to change would be like starting over.
Mary

I guess I just use my nursery name. That and dothehokeypokey! I’ve been doing the hokey pokey all over town for just about ever!

I’m loving all of the responses!

— Begin quote from “dothehokeypokey”

I guess I just use my nursery name. That and dothehokeypokey! I’ve been doing the hokey pokey all over town for just about ever!

— End quote

That’s what it is all about!

— Begin quote from “CaliMel”

— End quote

Wait.

Are you telling us your given name *isn’t *actually When the Wind Blows?

— End quote

I also just use my nursery name.

— Begin quote from “CaliMel”

— End quote

Wait.

Are you telling us your given name *isn’t *actually When the Wind Blows?

— End quote

It is!* I* suspect my parent were a couple of crazy hippies . . .    

— Begin quote from “pia”

— End quote

— End quote

Ha Ha!

— Begin quote from “pia”

— End quote

— End quote

Ha Ha!

— End quote

love it…
this is fun to see how everyone name cam about!
When I started reborning I discoverer my name “Denise” was quite popular in the dolly world so I tacked on Handy to Denise as my user name on the forums. Helps avoid some confusion. I had been using Hand"D"creations for all my crafting business prior to dolls so I melded Darlings by Denise to Hand"D"Creations so that is how my nursery has such a long drawn out name.

I use cloud castle reborns for my dolls and fallnangelmama creations for my other crafts