Are you going to Rose? (My First Time)

Who is going to Rose? I’ve made plans to go. Someone mentioned wearing name tags so we can identify ladies from the forum. Just wanted to hear y’alls advice and whatnot for this year. It’s my first. I’m taking Evon’s Thursday hair painting class and going to Award Banquet. :slight_smile:

Do y’all take dolls with you for fun? stroller? I’ve watched vids on YouTube and seen the forum history here but didn’t see much talk of Rose this year. Unless I’ve overlooked something.

Edit: I’m staying at Layton park hotel. From Austin tx. My name is Christi . Arriving Wednesday night. Leaving Saturday night. Going by myself so I hope to make friends! I’m also renting a car for some sight seeing if anyone is interested. Also don’t laugh but I’ve been told I look mean. Hahahah. I’m not. It’s a total facade. So please say hi!!

4 Likes

I’m trying to go. I’m driving and it will just be for the actual show part. I need to find a place to stay still.

2 Likes

I was going to send out the same message. I thought it would be nice if we all said if we were going and kind of introduced ourselves by letting everyone know our names, if we are taking any classes, what events we are attending, if we have a booth and what we are selling.

I’m Amanda. This will be my first year going to Rose. I’m from Ontario Canada. I will be taking the hair rooting class on Wed and the hair painting class on Thurs and going to the banquet. I will be arriving on Tues and leaving Sat evening. I have a room at Home 2 Suites.

1 Like

Where can I find info about this show?

1 Like

We normally take a doll with us in a stroller, you kinda get to show off your skills that way :wink:

Previous years we have met in the lobby before the baby shower (around 5 ish if I remember right). Someone had printed out a handfull of name tags so we know who we are. :wink: @Miss_Kitty made some the first year I went I think and Amy brought them to the show and handed them out. I think maybe Izzy did it last year…

I printed mine and my daughter’s out at walmart.com. the first year
I need a new pack of badge holders… and a lanyard. I gave mine to a fellow forum member last year. Because ROSE gave out cool lanyards with our combo passes and I didnt need the one I had brought. lol

Is there anyway to find out where and when next years will held?

Bountiful Baby bought it last year. They are based in Utah about 30 mins from the convention center. I assume it will be in the same location next year. Which I think is very logical. It would be a huge hassle for them if they had to travel to set up, etc.

This is the 3rd year it has been in the exact location but dates have varied a little… but in July each time.

1 Like

Unfortunately I can’t go this year since I’m broke, but I went last year for the first time and definitely want to share my advice for other first timers. EVERYONE had a stroller with at least one reborn. I didn’t and felt left out :frowning: They have umbrella strollers to rent if you don’t want to haul one yourself. If you’re flying and decide to bring a reborn, my advice is to bring it in your carry-on and give the security guards at the airport a heads up about having a doll in your bag. I brought a kit home from the doll show and found a note in my checked luggage when I got home that my bag was searched due to a suspicious item (the doll) in my bag.

Set a fixed budget for shopping. Everything is pricey and you will be tempted to buy buy buy and it adds up quick. It was not unusual for me to see people around me dropping cash like it ain’t no thang…lol.

If you’re hoping to buy a reborn from your favorite artist…map out where they are, plan to get there early, and speed walk to that booth cuz those reborns will be gone in a heartbeat. Many of the reborns I wanted to see were sold and it wasn’t even lunchtime on the first day. Pricing wise, the reborns started at about $600 and went up from there (for the good ones at least, janky ones were much cheaper).

Hopefully this is helpful! And get ready to have the time of your life!!! I can’t wait until I can go again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you! There is an artist I want a doll from so I might be a crazy that runs from the opening to her booth :slight_smile:
Very glad to know about the stroller. I want to take one for fun but didn’t know what to do. I bought one off craigslist so I won’t get too upset if airline breaks it. I hear that happens.

1 Like

Hi Christi! I am Dani (also from Ontario Canada but a different city) I will be taking the hair painting class with you and Amanda on Thursday. I will look out for you. It is my first ROSE too!!

1 Like

I wish I could! I hope you have a great time! Looking forward to videos and pics from everyone who will be sharing them. I love to watch the YouTube videos from rose doll show in the past.

I really, really wish that I could go. One day, maybe. With an autistic kid and a pretty young kid along with no family support and living on the east coast, it’s still a bit much for me.

Have fun and take lots of pictures! I always love looking at those.

Would be fun meeting you one day, @jeepers. People think that I’m mean too, but I’m the nicest person ever. I want to see what that looks like on someone else. :joy:

2 Likes

I went last year but can’t make it this year. My daughters having surgery and I have to go take care of my granddaughters.(life’s rough) I wanted to share this Uber Drivers phone number with anyone going. He is a older man perfect gentleman. I was introduced to him at the show and we planed for him to pick me up and take me to the airport. 801-979-8571 is his phone number. He told me if I went this year give him a call in advance and he would pick me up at the airport. You might take an extra bag in your suitcase because everything you buy may not fit on the way home. You will have a blast.

@jeepers, most airlines don’t charge a baggage fee for a stroller ONLY if you have a child!! Otherwise you will have to pay (both ways) to take a stroller. I just rent one at the show, it is $15 for both days, so it’s worth it. I’m not going to pay $25 each way to bring one.

I hope you get to find the baby of your dreams, run fast!!

1 Like

I have a double king room reserved at the Hilton Garden Inn (connected to the Davis Conference Center) from Wed 7/11 @ 3:00 PM To Sat 7/14 @ 11:00 AM. It’s $199 per night + taxes and fees of $70.14-total $667.14. Maybe you could find someone to share it with you. I’m not able to go and I’m going to have to cancel the reservation soon. If you’re interested (or anyone else) I can put the reservation in your name.

I wish I could but I don’t have the money in case I can’t find someone and I also won’t be in until Thursday night, possibly Friday morning.

Gtk I should say I’m riding with baby in lap :thinking:
:joy: I’m taking one for contest baby but wanted to take another to carry around

@dollypardon On me it looks like an angry tattooed bulldyke haha. But I’m not angry.
:rofl:
I’m actually a pretty soft person.