Anyone planning to reborn Jewel?

I waited FOREVER for Jewel to come back in stock and now she’s here and I’m not sure if I want to jump in or not. I saw that BB has posted a challenge and that might be fun, seeing all the different ways the kit can look.

I’m thinking if I look at it as just a new kit and NOT as Jewel made over, it might be kind of cute. I’d have given it a different name, though.

Anyway, the info says 18mm eyes…I usually go up a size, so 20mm. Just wondered if anyone else has ordered the kit and what size eyes you decided to get.

4 Likes

I’m still deciding… I need to place an order but I’m waiting to see if she will go on sale. I guess that’s my determining factor!! Lol and yes, I would use 20’s❤️

1 Like

I’m the same as Nikki and I’m still deciding x

2 Likes

Okay, thanks! :thumbsup:

I just started on mine. :grinning:

2 Likes

I ordered two …( shipping to Canada ) , interestingly the two heads shapes are slightly different :slight_smile:

The kit is pale and more on the greyish side.
Takes the paint very well . I wasn’t over the moon when I started but soon as you ad some layers of paint I think she/ he will be cute .

I didn’t tried the eyes , I may go with 18 mm because I have 5 pairs of them …will see later when they have more personality ha ha

2 Likes

I haven’t fully decided if I am going to bother with this one or not…I like the sculpt…think she has potential to be cute but just not really sure it is worth the expense for me being out of the USA… the kit will cost me a small fortune by the time I order it and have it shipped over here. If they come out with the 2 new Realborns I am wanting before then and I order them, I might add her to my order and do her or If someone brings the kits to Oz before the deadline I might do it but otherwise… I will probably pass on this one for now…

2 Likes

Looks like 18 oval eyes are the right fit. Maybe 20 of the flat back round, but it would be a tight squeeze. I just looked at the kit, but didn’t try in eyes.

3 Likes

I ordered two. Was still hoping she would look a bit more like the old sculpt, if you squash her head a bit she does…won’t really do that to her. Think the vinal is very nice and soft. Going with 20 mm eyes. Can’t start painting her just yet.

3 Likes

I waited about 2 yrs for this kit to come out and I am very disappointed. This is not Jewel. They took away her distinct little features and changed them to look like several of their other kits. Needless to say I won’t be doing this kit, but I do hope those that are doing her have fun & enjoy.

3 Likes

Yes I want to, hope some of you do too.

3 Likes

Rainbow, I so agree with you. :frowning:

I just ordered her!!! Can’t wait to her her so I can start on her :slight_smile: I never Reborned the original jewel so I’m looking at her as a completely new kit but I would of liked to been able to reborn the original too :slight_smile: can’t wait to see all the different jewels that will be entered

4 Likes

I’m waiting until I see her reborned by other people. To me, she doesn’t really look like a newborn, and looks nothing like the original Jewel.

2 Likes

reborns.com is very easy to set up, a lot of us sell our reborns there.

Also, @AmyR777 has started her very own site to sell from, too:

rebornconnection.com

Ebay is just so icky ~ although I will still list there at times, too, I prefer not to.

4 Likes

She is on my want list along with 16 others lol

1 Like

Both sites are very affordable and very easy to navigate.

Merry Christmas to you and your family! :christmas_tree:

1 Like

There was also another one recently started I think by a lady on the forum… https://www.rebornmarketplace.com/babies/

3 Likes

My name is Jenni. And thank you. I hope you have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year. Sounds like your home will be very busy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for posting the link! :thumbsup:

2 Likes