Another thief, check for your pics

So am I :grinning:

This is all just so frustrating and aggravating. It seems like there’s just no end to what these scammers will do.

2 Likes

This person apologized and removed my pictures. One tiny victory.

6 Likes

I wonder if one were to watermark a photo as “Uploaded to reborns.com” would Dave still not allow it? It seems to me that if we could show exactly where a majority of pictures are stolen from, it would show the dire need for watermarks.

Looking on F B right now, how do we know if anything is what it is described or if anyone is who they say they are? Is this actually Dolls So Real listing the kits for sale on this page?
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/products/ruby---closed-eye-doll-kit-by-mayra-garza---in-stock/4413140695444153?referral_code=global_search_121858786480%23&merchantId=121858786480&ref=global_search

1 Like

I can’t seem to find the shop. I’m sure they’ll pop up somewhere else under another name though. The game of whack a mole is never ending.

1 Like

Someone had a similar idea a few days ago ~ no watermarks will be allowed, here’s what Dave had to say:

This topic comes up from time to time after someone has discovered they have had their images and descriptions stolen (either from this site or other places) and used somewhere else for fraud. It is very upsetting, i understand.

The conversation goes pretty much same as this conversation has been going with people throwing out ideas (which I appreciate hearing) and expressing how they think I’m wrong and how much watermarks would protect them if only allowed, etc.

Clearly I see things differently from watermark believers and have no plans to change the watermark policy on the system since I know it doesn’t stop thieves from taking images and only dirties up the site and makes it annoying to look at all the beautiful babies between all the branding and watermarks.

Some people just can’t bare to have their photos listed without watermarks and have even left the site over this. That is their choice and always an option if you feel strongly about it (just as I feel so strongly about it enough to lose sellers and money over this to keep the site beautiful).

I have blocked the entire country of China from accessing Reborns.com and also disabled Right Clicking Save-As on images. But honestly, this also does little to prevent people from stealing images if they want to.

At the end of the day, it is impossible to protect any image (or description) you put online with or without a watermark. If someone wants to steal it they will. If this was not the case, I would be all for it and allow tasteful dirtying up of the photos with watermarks.

“Beautiful!?” Bwahahahahaha! In what universe, Dave?

5 Likes

I’m confused as to how the beautifully embroidered pillows that some people have in the backgrounds of their photos dirty up the site. They are banned as well.

2 Likes

What?? With that ugly fluorescent pink banner and out-dated 1990s look?? Not! :crazy_face:

My husband says they can still get around that and access the site through a VPN (virtual private network). :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

It’s clearly not about the perceived “beauty” of the site.

2 Likes

Yes. VPNs are prevalent. Many people use them to get around geoblocking.

1 Like

I was merely quoting Dave there ~ don’t shoot the messenger :rofl:

But seriously ~ so what IS the answer??? Is there anything we as sellers can do to protect our work?? I only list my dolls on the Reborns site and my listing was stolen. Looks like if we put pics of our dolls on the net, we’re fair game and an easy mark for scammers.

Disgusting.

I guess we can just paint babies and sell them to each other in our driveways :confused:

2 Likes

Driveways for the win! :smile:

I know we can’t stop everyone no matter what we do. All we can do is make it hard for them.

It’s kind of like my house. I can’t stop anyone from breaking in here if they are determined to do so. But I have so many cameras and alarms around here that they are going to have to really work hard for this.

I personally love the embroidered pillows and tapestries in the photo backgrounds. Maybe the thieves wouldn’t even notice, so people may see your name and know who to contact.

3 Likes

Good idea, but the IRS will still find us… :scream:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: We aren’t safe from them anywhere.

2 Likes

Nope! :poop: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Well his disabling right clicking doesn’t stop photo stealing either. All one has to do is take a screen shot of the baby and then crop the shot down to just the photo and save it as a .jpg

3 Likes

Pretty sure that’s how my entire listing was stolen

2 Likes

I understand what Dave is saying—but—dirtying up the site, I don’t think so. I personally think he doesn’t want watermarks visible so people can’t go straight to the artist’s site and buy direct from them, cuts out Dave in the future. He’s trying to protect his money coming in, JMO.

6 Likes