Another thief, check for your pics

Hi all. A lady who got scammed just told me about this. I’m not sure what the seller had on the thumbnail, but when you click on the listing you will see plenty of stolen pics. I thought some of you might want to check for yours.

4 Likes

Good grief

2 Likes

Disgusting :rage:

A lady contacted me to let me know that my pics of Alma were posted to a FB site so she’s afraid to buy her from me. I explained the scam site situation to her, but she says she just doesn’t want to take the chance :roll_eyes: :confounded: This part of reborning sucks.

7 Likes

I hate that people are getting taken advantage of, but yes, this confusion they create infuriates me. Thankfully I have years of WIPs posted, plus lots of me chatting with customers in the comments which proves that I am me, otherwise it would be worse. The last thing I want is someone buying a badly painted doll then rubbing across me somewhere and tell people that I’m dishonest. My pics look nothing like the doll they received.

The woman who contacted me sounded very sweet. She was sickened that she ordered, but fortunately they hadn’t shipped yet. She told me she can’t get her money back because they have a no refund policy. I told her that con artists don’t get to have policies. :sweat_smile: She will be pursuing this today.

3 Likes

I really wish Dave would let us watermark our photos on reborns. It is ridiculous that we cannot with things being the way they are now.

3 Likes

The saga continues.

Dave will never let anyone watermark anything. But some alternative may pop up at some point. You never know. :blush:

2 Likes

Did they steal these from your Instagram? Because they can’t steal them from in here on BB, can they? So glad this thief is being exposed.

1 Like

That’s what is keeping me right now from getting an account on Reborns. I am getting tired of eBay’s new fees and other stupid stuff, but I don’t want my pics stolen on Reborns. It hasn’t happened to me from eBay, as far as I know. I have ordered a pillow with my nursery name on it, and may use that on Reborns regardless of what Dave things about it.

2 Likes

They did steal them from my IG. Since 99% of my dolls are sold on reborns people usually steal them from there. There’s nothing I can do to protect them, so I don’t bother to watermark… did not expect people to start stealing my WIPs. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Your dolls are so beautiful, and so people who have a covetous, jealous heart who do not value honesty have no problems stealing them. So disgusting. Seems to me it’s the same as impersonating someone or stealing their identity, because in the end it can ruin your own identify and destroy your reputation. Wish people could go to jail or at least serve a month’s public service (like scrubbing toilets) as a sentence. Maybe that would make doing this less attractive to them. I hope she removes your pics ASAP and all the others.

3 Likes

Thank you. It’s still shocking to me. As ugly as my dolls were in the beginning, it’s hard to believe that I’m actually painting anything worth stealing. :rofl:

That said, I do like your toilet scrubbing idea. One month for each offense. :smile:

3 Likes

Wish we could make it happen, somehow. :joy:

2 Likes

People just photoshop around it, I had a photo stolen and they photo shopped my tea mug and my arm out of the photo!

2 Likes

My listing was stolen from Dave’s site, complete with description and pictures. They left out my name but the customer recognized Alma because she had favorited it.

She suggested I remove the listing, I refuse. I’ve done nothing wrong. Reported it to FB. They don’t care. It’s still there. Here’s a screenshot:

3 Likes

I reported it too. I HATE that they do nothing

3 Likes

That’s insane to me.

I’m not surprised seeing my pictures flat out stolen anymore, but I’ve even seen some WITH my name still on the description. They do not care.

Its good thst many of us have customers who know our work and let us know so we can at least try to have something done.

2 Likes

It’s probably pointless with this customer now, but you could take a selfie of Alma in that outfit while you are holding her to show that you have the doll??? But if she’s leery already, who’s to say she won’t back out? But at least you could prove you are telling the truth.

2 Likes

It seems like there’s nothing we can do. I watermark my pics on FB but since Dave won’t allow them, it’s his way or leave. He has said repeatedly that watermarks can be removed. Ok. I’m all for making these thieves have to work to remove them, then. But I’ve seen my dolls posted WITH my watermark, too. I don’t know what the answer is but I won’t roll over and give up for a thief.

4 Likes

Good idea! I’ll do that. I won’t post it, though, or they’ll steal that too.

I added the COA to my listing, that I signed and dated.

And @jlesser Jenni, thank you for reporting it. Several people have but FB just doesn’t care.

This does not make me excited to keep painting babies :confused:

3 Likes

I think you and I are thinking alike on this. I know that technically someone could get on photoshop and remove the watermark, but I’m not going to make this easy for them. It may slow down or stop some. Not everyone has photoshop skills. I am a good example of that. :smile:

2 Likes