Another color wash question

Hi! Ok… I am wondering… Does it matter which wash I do first? For example… I know I want to use a viridian green wash and I know I need a burnt umber wash for warmth. Are the results different if I do them in a different order? Like if I go the green, bake, then warm wash… Will I get different effect than if I do the warm and then the green?

1 Like

Good morning, my friend. I’d do the green first. New PM for you.

2 Likes

Hi Jean!!! You are a lifesaver!!! The best color! :heart:️:yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::gift_heart:

1 Like

My guess is that most probably you will get a slight variance in the colours if you switch them around…never tried it but I do know in art, when you layer the same colours in different orders you most definitely get a difference…some one else may know from experience though??? :smile:

2 Likes

Hmmmm… Maybe I’ll do each leg in the opposite and see what happens!!! Experiment time!!!

2 Likes

That sounds great…then you can let us know what happens…I would be very interested to know that one as well :smile:

2 Likes

Pictures Starr! I’ll do pictures!!! :star2::star2::star2::star2::star2::star2:

That will be great…I may be heading off to bed now as it is 3:17am (I usually stay up till around 5:30 or 6a but have to go to town tomorrow and want to get to the post office before they close so heading off to bed now so I can get up…lol)
Will look for this post when I get up to see if you have pics yet…Thanks for doing the experiment Nikki…At least we will know if anyone ever asks that again…lol :smile:

1 Like

Happy to do it Starr!!! :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️sweet dreams and have fun in town!

The color on top will take on a slight dominance.

1 Like

Lol thank god… Cuz my green was a little greennnnnnnnnnnnnnn :scream::scream::scream::scream:

Go really light with those greens and blues. They are staining colors!

1 Like

Lololololol I know it! Haha!!! :heart: