Alternatives to E6000 for gluing eyes?

OMG! Does anybody have any alternatives to using E6000 to glue eyes in? It’s so messy and frustrating…

1 Like

@Simone I use the matte gel same thing I use to glue hair in. Then I cover the eye with moleskin.

Is you question about glueing the eyes in the certain position or glueing the flap on top of the eyes?

@Anne - ? Matte gel thing? Sorry, what is that? LOL

Gluing them in position.

I believe this is what she is talking about @Simone

4 Likes

I used this stuff from Mac’s…its amazing…you just set your eyes, dip a paint brush in it and paint it on the back of the eyes. it dries fast, doesn’t glue your fingers together and doesn’t drip or glob.
https://macphersoncrafts.com/en/online-store/rebornfx/rebornfx-other-products/rebornfx-eye-molding-glue-detail

4 Likes

That is what I use also

1 Like

Thanks @Lil the E6000 is so stringy and hard to work with! I’ve never liked using it…

2 Likes

thank you, you sold me… that E6000 is so bad for us to use all the time

2 Likes

I only use E6000 to glue magnets to pacifiers, for some reason it works better, I think it bonds better to the plastic. The UHU super glue that I use works great for gluing the magnet inside of the head and I should know because I have had to take a few out which was certainly not easy but it doesn’t seem to work as well on the pacifiers. I used to use Modpodge, the same that I use to glue in hair, to glue in my eyes but I like the eye molding glue much better and it helps with the blown glass eyes that have sharp edges on the ends as well. I originally bought it because I had broken the stem on an eye and thought I could use it to glue in the eyes as well but I don’t think I could use anything else now.

1 Like

Yes @Simone what @hyelah1990 said. That is what I use. I use e6000 on the magnet on the mouth, inside, and put Liquitex matte gel over that once it’s dry, then I put mole skin over that once it’s dry.

2 Likes

I never glue my eyes in. I always use flatback glass eyes and I pop them in through the front when the kit is fairly still warm. Never had any problems. I don’t think you can pop in those half round acrylic eyes.