Alone at Rose Doll Show

I had no idea there was a ROSE show rate. Does anyone know if it is only for the hotel that is attached or do other hotels offer it as well? I have my room booked across the street at Home to Suites, but wasn’t even aware of a discounted rate.

1 Like

As far as I know it is just at the Hilton Garden Inn, since the Davis Conference Center is attached to them they offer all us dolly people a discount.They get to rent Lots of Rooms out when the show is on. But as soon as they put the rate out there for the show, the rooms fill up immediately!! You have to reserve your room as soon as it’s available.

As soon as the show was over last year I started watching to see the dates of this year’s show and booked my room as soon as I knew. This year I’ll ask about the ROSE rate.

Do you remember how long they took to announce the next year’s show? I’m anxiously waiting for information for Rose 2019:)

It was really soon after the show finished. I don’t remember exactly but I think it was only about a month later, maybe not even that long. Anyone Remember Exactly?? The Hotel may not put the rooms at the special rate that early though.

1 Like

@AnnDee66 is the coordinator.

I think on facebook it said Home to Suites did do a ROSE rate on a select amount of rooms…

Same as the Hilton Garden Inn… only a certain amount had the special rate.

They also announce if on their facebook page (ROSE page)

1 Like

Thanks, I don’t use Facebook so I wouldn’t have seen any of that. Thought I would have been paying a lower rate at Home 2 Suites, but without a reduced rate I doubt it now. I’ve been thinking about ROSE for about the last three years, I should have joined this forum earlier to find out everything I needed to know before I decided to go so I would have known what I was doing.

1 Like

I just bought my ticket! I’m going alone as well, first time to go!!! I’m taking Evon’s Thursday class yaaaaaay!!! I can’t wait to meet y’all

1 Like

Great!! looking forward to meeting you!

See you there!

Don’t forget to wear nametags!!! Name, Forum name and the Forum you are affiliated with. BB Forum!!

2 Likes

Are we making our own? are we going to try to meet up as a group or just see name tags as we roam the festivities?

Usually someone on the forum will volunteer to make them and either print them out and take them to the show OR send them to each person’s email and let them print them out themselves. You can put them in a plastic badge holder attached to a lanyard around your neck. The tag should include: your actual name, your forum name and the forum you are associated with (Bountiful Baby Forum). We usually meet in the reception area of the Davis Conference Center around 5 O’clock and have a meet and greet!! C-ya there.

I think someone on here volunteered to make them. Maybe start a thread and ask?

1 Like

My flight leaves in about 9 hours! I think I’m all packed. Wish me luck, I’m nervous. It’s going to be about 14 hours from when I leave home till I get there with unfamiliar territory all the way.

3 Likes

Dont forget your heads! :wink:

1 Like

Yep, I got them packed. Don’t care if I loose my clothes, but I’m keeping those with me in my carry on! I was just going through posts where I thought I had seen a sample of the name tag from a previous year. I was thinking it was you who posted it. If it was, can you post it here as well so I can see it again?

1 Like

This is an example of what @Miss_Kitty did for us a couple years ago

1 Like

Yes, that was it. Thanks

I messaged you as well

I’m so jealous! I wanted to go soooo bad this year.