Alone at Rose Doll Show

Here is a map of the area. I circled the Homes 2 Suites, and put a red X on the entrance to the Lobby where passes are picked up and classes are set up (not sure if you are taking a class)
The show floor is to the right of the main entrance but it all connects together.

1 Like

Thanks. Yes, Iā€™m taking the hair painting and the rooting classes.

2 Likes

I just went a checked and they are sold out so I guess I missed it. I wasnā€™t sure if I should go, but I heard that itā€™s actually better to go to the baby shower than the awards so it made me want to go. Especially if I never get to make it to the show again.

awe, well dang it. Sorry you missed it

Maybe you could contact one of the girls and they could squeeze you into the baby shower somehow. Just a thought. I would at least try it. The Baby Shower is the most fun!!
@quiltsabunch

Ya, that never even crossed my mind.

Thanks so much for sharing this information. Anything I can learn about how this trip will be is great. Iā€™m feeling a little anxious about the trip as a whole. Iā€™m not really a traveller so Iā€™m feeling anxious about travelling there on my own and navigating the airports along the way since I donā€™t have the experience with that. I still have to figure out how I will get from the airport to the hotel. Iā€™ve gotten a few suggestions so far, but still need to investigate them and decide what to do. I was wondering about the lunch for the classes. They say to bring a lunch so thought I might have to find a grocery store the day I get there so I can pack one. Itā€™s good to know there will be places to get meals easily. Since you went out for lunch during your classes Iā€™m curious to know which classes you took because maybe mine would be the same.

Amanda, I donā€™t know where you are coming from but try to get a non-stop flight and that will save you at least one worry. I only fly from San Diego so itā€™s only a 2 hr. flight for me. I take the Express Shuttle from the SLC airport to the Hilton Garden Inn and the cost is $33 dollars each way. Reserve online before you go and the Express Shuttle is right next to the baggage claim area. Itā€™s so easy and they come and pick you up for the return, no problem. There is a cafĆ© in the Hilton so you can get some lunch there, order it to go and you can take it back to the classroom. When you are at the SHOW, there is a concession stand on the showroom floor and a lot of us just get a sandwich or something there and sit at the tables and eat and chat. You are going to love it, be sure to have a nametag associating you with the BB forum so we can recognize you. This goes for everybody!! Itā€™s amazing to meet people from all over the states and the WORLD. Itā€™s the best time ever!!

BTW, did you manage to get into the baby shower?? I think they would try to fit you in if you asked, they really try to be accommodating. Give it a shot. @quiltsabunch

Unfortunately a non-stop flight is not an option for me. I live in a small city in Northern Canada with a small airport that does not do international flights. My journey will involve 4 airports, 3 different planes and a 12 hour trip each way. My city doesnā€™t not have things like ubers, subways, or express shuttles so I have zero experience with these things. Infact Iā€™m not quite sure what the express shuttle is, is it a bus or train? Where would I go online to reserve it? Do I reserve it for a specific time? What happens if my flight is late, can I get on at a later time? Iā€™ve been wanting to come to the show for a few years now and have been hesitant about travelling and the unknown. This year I decided to bite the bullet and just do it. It will be an adventure for me thatā€™s for sure! Thanks so much for explaining things to me and any other advice that anyone has to offer would be greatly appreciated. My room is booked at Home 2 Suites.

Amanda, the Express Shuttle is a van and when you book online they ask for your travel date, airline, Flight number, time of arrival etc and the same for your return. Itā€™s very easy and I think you can call them also and give them all the info from your itinerary. Theyā€™re great to deal with. Iā€™m sure flights have been late before and they would probably just put you on the next shuttle going to Layton, it wouldnā€™t be your fault the plane came in late. You are traveling a good distance, sorry you have to make all the stops but it will be worth it. I donā€™t come in until Thursday (not taking any classes) and we usually all meet in the lobby area of the Davis Conference Center around 5 p.m. so we can catch up before we go into the Baby Shower, would love to see you there. Definitely wear a nametag including BB Forum Member so we get to meet you. If you donā€™t get to go to the Baby Shower there is a cafĆ© in the Hotel you can get something to eat and also there is some eating places across the street as well as probably a place to eat in your Hotel too.

ok That sounds great. How do I contact the express shuttle, what is the website? Is it something the airport offers or the hotel?

So kind, thank you

I would just type in: Express Shuttle Salt Lake City, Utah. You can either call them and have someone help you or book your shuttle online with the form provided. Itā€™s really not hard. Express Shuttle is a Service from the Airport not the Hotel. I have used them for the past two years and Iā€™m using them this year too. Theyā€™re great.

I looked it up and found the website. Thanks for all the information.

Youā€™re very welcome.

Any takers? Whatā€™s the price? Thatā€™s connected to event center right?

So far, nobody wants it. It is connected to the event center. Itā€™s $199.00 per night but it wouldnā€™t be so bad if it was shared. Itā€™s a double room.

@jeanhai, why are you paying $199 per night? Arenā€™t you getting the ROSE show rate?

I booked the room as soon as I knew when the show was going to be. I have some mobility issues and wanted to be as close as possible to the show. But, I canā€™t go anyway, now. Do you know what the ROSE rates are and when they start booking them? Iā€™m going to try again next year.

I think the actual rate is $119 BUT this year they have added a "occupancy feeā€™ or whatever itā€™s called and I think that is like $39. I know my room is a bit more expensive this year than it was last year. I think this ā€œFeeā€ that hotels are charging is a crock of crap!! All the hotels in Vegas charge it also, just another way to get money out of people.