Alcohol shortage

I’m curious what everyone may be doing to clean their kits with the alcohol shortage. I usually use 91 percent after washing kits with dawn. It’s hard to find now. Some kits I wash, some I don’t. I’m just curious how everyone is handling reborning with the shortage of some of our usual supplies.

3 Likes

Well I don’t use alcohol, just very hot water and Dawn, I use Air Dry. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’ve never cleaned my kits with alcohol. Just regular dish soap. It’s always worked perfectly for me.

3 Likes

I would say just buy some when you see it. Shortages are out there but if you see it stocked grab a bottle or two. I guess that’s obvious advice though. :woman_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

Yeah my thoughts. I’m just wondering how the shortages have just affected everyone’s normal reborning. I’m in Oklahoma and in the areas near me there is rarely any stocked.

1 Like

I just sat in line for 3 hours to get tested bc my school had one positive case and they are requiring us all to get tested. I’m stopping by Walgreens to get some more small masks for my kids and I’ll see if they have any alcohol.

4 Likes

I’ve never cleaned my kits with alcohol-just hot water and Dawn dish soap.

1 Like

I only use dawn dish soap and water

3 Likes

For extra greasy kits I use soft scrub or similar then wash with dawn. Today I had greasy kits with a strong chemical smell, so they got everything, plus a long soak in very hot dawn water.

3 Likes

Would u believe I’ve never encountered a greasy kit lol

3 hours wow. I hope everyone is okay😊. Stay safe

1 Like

I’ve taken to wiping my kits down with Windsor and newton and then cleaning thoroughly with dawn and warm running water, I’ve found the Windsor and newton kicks any greasy spots (especially handling grease or factory grease) since it’s meant to breakdown oil paints I thought I’d try it and it works well to get off anything dawn wouldn’t use

2 Likes

We didn’t stop bc someone had to go pee so bad. :woman_facepalming:t2: I’ll check when I go next time though.

1 Like

I bought this 2 years ago…
No shortage problem !

I guess any paint thinner can work ?
Or acetone, being really careful

• I misread, I thought you were talking about stripping…:yum: I am tired I guess. No for cleaning I just use Dawn and hot water !
3 Likes

I usually just use dawn and really hot water. But I use alcohol to clean my needles before using them the first time. Alcohol was hard to find a couple of months ago. But now it’s staying in stock everywhere here.

2 Likes

I was wondering what people were using alcohol for then realized I clean my needles with it too, but I use alcohol wipes from work which is why I don’t run out. :joy:

2 Likes