Airdry artists...eyebrows

I’m getting close to having to do eyebrows. Can I do an isolation coat, use genesis to paint eyebrows then varnish? Can you see any thing needed besides eyebrows?

5 Likes

I am using air dry paints for my first kit. I am also getting ready to paint eyebrows. Since I am new at this, I wish I had some helpful advice. I love the way the baby looks right now. Great job!

2 Likes

Thank you. I didn’t think I was going to like using airdry, but I’m changing my mind. I like not having to bake.

Your doing a beautiful job, the skin looks at. Wish I could help but not sure about baking acrylics I have not used them yet.

1 Like

Thank you. I hated airdry at first and started to get scared I wasted my money but @Lil gave me some advice and I got the mediums she suggested and combined that with some stuff from MG on Patreon and some steps and color combinations that @Asiancupcakes recommmeded and stripped my kit 4 times until I started liking what I was doing. Lol I think I’m going to end up liking airdry more than genesis.

5 Likes

Im glad you are liking it more. I think there is always a troublesome transition, a learning curve…even when I switched from Liqutex to Golden it took me awhile before I found something that worked for me.

2 Likes

I like air dry paints also. It is a learning curve figuring out what works and getting the technique down. I am sure learning a lot and am so thankful for all the artists advice and help. I am just doing this as a hobby for myself. My sister saw the baby I am painting and the kits from BB. She wants me to reborn Big Joe for her. I told her I will have to wait and see how mine turns out and if my body can take it.

2 Likes

I use Prisma pencils for eyebrows on airdry. Super sharp tip making feathery strokes. Prisma works on air dry really well.

2 Likes

Don’t you have to bake prisma pencils?

1 Like

I think you have to seal prisma pencils. When using Genesis, you put varnish over the top and bake. I imagine, if using airdry, you would just put your isolation coat on after you’ve done the eyebrows and/or hair. I haven’t gotten that far yet.

1 Like

I’ve always used air dry paints. When I used Prisma pencils for hair, it lifted right off when I tried to seal it.

1 Like

WOW! If I could get my results with Air-dry to look like your’s I would never go back to GHSP! That’s what I tried to achieve but was doing something very wrong.
When I did my eyebrows I used powders, so I am no help. Maybe @anjsmiles Angie can help?

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I stripped this kit 4 times and spent weeks researching and asking questions. What brand did you use? Im using Golden.

1 Like

How do you use powders for eyebrows?

I alternate between prisma and paint with a tiny disposable makeup brush, some hairs cut off. With prisma on airdry, it stays better when I let it sit for 24 hours before sealing. For this reason, I try to use all the prisma I’m going to on a Friday, so by Monday I’m good to go.

3 Likes

I am not good with eyebrows but I keep saying I use Derwent Inktense Pencils the are water based not oil like prisma. It is a learning curve though, but that is what I learned on, like 42g forked needles they are hard to get the hang of but I have not broke a needle on a head yet after 3 years.

Here is some info!

2 Likes

Back when I had the Coastal Scents, I took a brush that was cut down with just a few hairs, dampened it with water, ran it through the CS color pwd I had chosen and applied it to my eyebrow area, then let dry. I allowed it several days to dry then applied my finish to the whole face. (I used Genesis to seal)

Yes, I did the same with the prisma when I was doing air dry, too. I never had a problem with the pencils writing on my work, it they seem reluctant, I would rub them on a paper towel to get old stuff off… I know that’s not the right words, I am sorry.

Oh my Anne, I just found these and love them!! I am going to be focused on painting and learning air dry again, and these are going to be part of my air dry re-learning.

2 Likes

Looks great!! Love that purple color around the eyes and nose! :heart_eyes:

1 Like