Air Dry Drying Racks?

I’m about to start painting my first baby! Because of health reasons I’ve chosen to go with air dry paints. I’ve got the paints and mediums on the way, but I haven’t figured out what to do with the parts while they’re drying. Some of you have some really great set-ups, but I don’t have a permanant space for reborning, so something that has to be installed on a wall wouldn’t work well. I’m also only planning to make babies for myself and to donate, so I don’t really have a lot of funds to invest in something.

Air dry painters, what do you use?

I use these. I have 2 of them. Each one will hold up to 3 kits.

1 Like

I bought one that actually spins and holds 2 kits from amazon. It was 19.99. I love that it spins so I can easily reach the limbs. Holding 2 full kits is a plus.

2 Likes

Cool! I have a World Market not terribly far away! I’ll have to look if I’ve got a coupon.

2 Likes

Interesting! I’m a little afraid of the spinning, though. Between my clumsiness and my cat’s nosiness, tiny body parts will be flying through my house like popcorn, lol.

2 Likes

Now that you’ve given me the right search words I was able to find this on Amazon. There’s even a review from a reborn artist with pics of a kit drying on it, lol.

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

I use a simple bottle drying rack I bought online. I can even pull the pegs out for easy storage.

1 Like

My hubby made mine. Got a flat wooden board and added dowels into it. They can be moved around to work for different sizes, I also have a hanging peg board

1 Like

I use 3 things. Bottles drying racks I found in a thrift store, a bottle drying rack buy on Amazon (a big round) and a wooden board with ,heu, goujons ? Is that @SouthernLullabies call dowels ?

1 Like

I use a baby bottle drying rack and the metal glass dryer pictured above.

1 Like

That was awesome!

Not sure it would work for me though, I have a bottle rack that folds for storage and it keeps folding up and parts go everywhere :weary: need something with a sturdy base to support each part individually

1 Like

Here’s a pic of the one I’ve got. You can take the pegs out. It’s pretty sturdy, I’ve used it for toddlers as well.

1 Like

I’ll be doing Liam soon and I would like a larger rack.