AFDA's Last Babies of 2019

My last two Holiday 2019 Babies:

BB Adalyn by Alenia Peterson She is a Albino Unicorn Baby. Her horns are magnets and can be changed out. She also has glow in the dark spots. She was a surprise gift for my oldest grown daughter.

Saskia by Bonnie Brown was a Custom for that special person in my life, lol.

30 Likes

Love your versions, don’t see too many unicorns and you put a different flare on Saskia, Love it

1 Like

Thank you! They were fun to paint.

Your painting amazes me! I love your alternatives, and that is one beautiful Saskia- love the Boyd too :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Beautiful just Beautiful Annie

1 Like

They are both so amazing! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I love them, your alternatives are amazing as always.

1 Like

Thank you so much everyone. I finally feel like a Reborn Artist, like I graduated from Reborn College, lol! It has been a long and winding road to get here. Thank goodness for all of my BB Forum Teachers and Friends. Love you all!

6 Likes

@wildmeadowbaby I have a lot of Boyds. I rescue them from Thrift Stores, lol. Then I share them with my dolly friends.

3 Likes

Ahh. My mom used to collect them. Her mantle was full of them. She has them stashed away somewhere and I’m like why?! My little sister has 3 in her college apartment bedroom :slightly_smiling_face:. We just love them! My two favorites were three little bears with floral crowns in a little picket fence, and a bandaged bear that had been stung by bees while getting honey :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I collect Boyds Bears in Resin and have a display case full of them. I hate seeing Boyds Stuffed Bears in the Thrift Shop sometimes for a dollar. The resin ones too. So I share the Stuffed ones. I’d love to see a pic of your Mom’s Stash. I have a Resin Boyds drinking out of a Honey Pot with a Bee on it. Tell her to sit them out. I was upset when they closed down and have been waiting for someone to buy them and bring them back, lol. :scream:

Maybe I will start rescuing them too! I will ask her if I can look through them and I will take a picture for you :slightly_smiling_face:. They are such high quality bears! I would love for them to be brought back! I had a Boyd porcelain doll as a kid. She had her own bear but I don’t know if my mom still has her.

1 Like

I think I have the one you are talking about! I found two of them in a Thrift Store a few years ago. I did not know they made dolls as I started my collection late in the game. If that is a childhood doll that you would like back let me know. I have them displayed but I can part with one or both. Let me know and I can take a pic. I am pretty sure I have their boxes too.

1 Like

It is the ballerina. I will ask my mom if she still has it and let you know. That is very sweet :two_hearts:

1 Like

Awe sorry, not the ballerina these two have winter clothes on. The offer is still good though. I will take a pic. of them.

Sorry it took so long to upload. The one on the left is holding books the other has binoculars. It has detached from her hand but nothing is broken.

3 Likes

I love your little unicorn and the skin tone on your Saskia is beautiful. Are those eyeco eyes? So pretty!

1 Like

Oh I adore your Saskia! They’re both unique and wonderfully made.

1 Like

Love your version of Saskia! Just beautiful!

1 Like

Your unicorn adalyn is to cool! I would love to see more babies turn fantasy:)

1 Like

Both are beautiful. I especially love your fantasy Adalyn.:heart:

2 Likes