Abrasive armony glass beads

Those are the same size.

Weird that you have an issue with the AA mil 3 beads… are you sure they were mil 3 and not 4 etc?

I have a baggy here and they are the exact size of Bountiful Baby’s beads and I had no dust or anything.
(I keep bags to compare and I can show customers if they ask what I use inside)

adding: I use a full leg of kid tights/stockings when I make pouches. I cut the leg off at the thigh and use the whole thing for 1 pouch. I double or triple it onto itself, tying at the ends as I go (triple for the head, double for the torso)

1 Like

Do they have free shipping or add shipping on?

I’ve got some MIL 1 from Abrasive Armory and they are good in pouches. I use knee hi’s and triple them and there is no leaking at all, and they aren’t dusty. The MIL 3 work in the limbs but I don’t see any reason the MIL 1 wouldn’t be fine there as well, they are still really small.

3 Likes

Hmmm it’s strange. I ordered the abrasive armory beads from eBay because everyone recommended them. I double checked my buying history and they were listed as mil 3. They were extremely tiny and dusty. Maybe I got a bad batch or they sent me the wrong ones?

2 Likes

Maybe they did send you the wrong ones cause the mil 3 aren’t dusty at all. They are just small round glass beads, I have never had any dust of any kind in mine and have ordered many times from them.

Maybe they got a new supplier and have had complaints that the MIL 3 size is no longer dust free and that’s why they are discontinuing it? It may not be a big seller for other uses and if we don’t want what they are now able to get it would make sense to stock other sizes instead.

My mil 1 are pretty large. Too large for me to be comfortable using them in the limbs but great for the body and head. I think they were from abrasive armory. They are in my car right now but I’m too lazy and tired to go get them.

1 Like

Here is my comparison of Bountiful Baby (BB) mil 3 and Abrasive Armory (AA) mil 3, mil 2 and mil 1

mil 3 = 20-30, mil 2 = 14-20, mil 1 = 14-20

3 Likes

jenni I buy the mil 4 of the link that you put, those are good for extremities and body?

2 Likes

The 4 mil will be a little smaller than the 3 mil. I would use in the limbs for sure and the head and torso pouches will probably need at least double fabric thick (depending on what you use). They may seep out.

I personally still need to locate/buy some mil 3 or 2 for the body and head. What I bought even smaller than mil 4.

1 Like

Hmm. My mil 1 are smaller than the mil 1 in your picture. Mine must be another company. My bag is just now empty enough for me to pick up.

2 Likes

I use these socks that I buy in walmart, I’ll have to give it a few laps

1 Like

Thanks jenny😘

1 Like

I use girl tights instead of women’s. They are thicker. But I still double them. They are not see through at all.

3 Likes

This is his response to me tonight when asking when the glass beads would be back in stock.

2 Likes

Anyone have an update on the MIL 3 from AA? Getting to where I will need them but not quite yet…I just don’t like to get too low in supply

They’ve gone up to 75 cents a pound and the shipping to me was more than the 50lbs of glass beads

Has anyone ordered from this ebay seller? @jlesser

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GLASS-BEAD-3-Coarse-Large-Bead-40-lbs-Sandblast-Cabinet-BLASTING-MEDIA-/254076531010?hash=item3b28243142#rwid

1 Like

I haven’t and have not heard others talk about it but they look to be close the the same location as Abrasive Armory…

1 Like

May I ask where you are getting them from?