Abrasive armony glass beads

I’ve gotten really nice size 3 beads from this company. I call them directly. They shipped me a sturdy 50-pound bag for about $65, which included shipping cost. Best price I’ve found so far. Their company name is Grand Northern Products, Ltc., in Byron Center, Michigan. Phone is 616-583-5000 (800-968-1811). I spoke with a really nice lady who worked in their warehouse. She told me that a few reborners have ordered from them before. She knew exactly what I was looking for.

6 Likes

As for the size 1s from Abrasive Armory, I’ve use them in the body and head, and the 3s only in the limbs.

I just called the Grand Northern Products company that I mentioned above, and they have a lot of size 3 beads in stock. She said they are 65 cents per pound right now. So, I highly recommend them. Call them and they can even set up an account for you.

7 Likes

Here is their website:

3 Likes

Thank you, @InfantInspirations!!

That really sucks about abrasive armory. I have been ordering from them for a while now. I am running low, but have not reordered because I was waiting for them to restock. Guess not.

I’m torn between ordering from this new company or just getting tiny beads from Harbor Freight and sewing them up in pouches so they can’t escape. :thinking:

2 Likes

Just be very careful of those tiny beads from Harbor Freight. They are super dusty and that stuff is dangerous for the lungs. I tried to use them and would get the worst sinus infections and had to wear a painter’s mask when using them. I ended up throwing out the last ten pounds and ordering from the Grand Northern Products. There are similar companies to them in most states, if shipping ends up being too much. These guys work good for artists in the Great Lakes states. Their size 3 beads are so smooth feeling.

2 Likes

girls, would this be fine?

I would stick to glass beads and nothing coarse

And these last ones are made of glass?

The last pictures you posted are crushed Garnet which I think is crushed rock

Oh no! I just ordered mil 4 from them but I like mil 3. I would be happy to pay more I just like having the big bags

Oohh😁

where did you order them?

I ordered from there eBay about a week ago. They only have 25 lb bag of mil 4

1 Like

This is abrasive armory’s mil 4 (they have 13 left) this is 1 size smaller than the beads BB sells

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Glass-Bead-MIL-4-30-to-40-grit-25-LBS-Reborn-Doll-small-bead-blasting/111848012421?hash=item1a0aa93a85:g:ocAAAOSwqu9U6J-F:sc:USPSPriority!83605!US!-1:rk:1:pf:0

1 Like

Thanks for the help jlesser .I buy those. Thanks​:kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Thank you for the tip, Jenni. I just bought it. I can use them in the bodies and heads, and use 3 mil in limbs, correct?

1 Like

I would do it the other way personally. The mil 4 will be easier to leak out of the pouches in the head and body easier than the mil 3.
I always use plugs in the limbs (as long as the kit allows them to fit) so doubt any beads would escape the limbs when plugged.

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I bough plugs for all my kits.

1 Like

When I bought the mil 3 beads from abrasive armory, I found them to be way too small and dusty. They leaked out of the nylons unless I used 2 AND knitted them over themselves repeatedly. I prefer these beads from eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Pounds-Large-Glass-Beads-For-Weighting-Reborn-Doll-Dolls/202556089481?item=202556089481&pageci=3ca22035-0513-4a07-a6b9-80e4fabe18be&redirect=mobile
They’re a perfect size, do not contain dust, and don’t leak from the nylons.

1 Like