Abrasive armony glass beads

I buy crystal beads in abrasive armony but it seems to be over, someone to buy these?

Is it stainless steel? I’d be worried about rust otherwise.

1 Like

I am pretty sure they are not stainless steel, and they will rust. You can get stainless steel balls for ball bearings, but they are so expensive.
I got some of these and you need lot for each doll, the 200 balls is about an egg cup:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lots-Bearing-Balls-High-Quality-Stainless-Steel-Precision-2MM-To-6MM-x50-x200/323454198124?hash=item4b4f5f616c:m:m_dN0k1LsJm3M4K1uTW644g

Abrasive Armory has glass beads for a good price. I get mine from them. No worries about rust.

3 Likes

Thank’s :kissing_heart:

I get my glass beads from Abrasive Armory, also. No problems.

3 Likes

Me three. I buy from them but be sure to get the right size :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What is the right size?

ABRASIVE ARMORY DOES NOT HAVE OUR SIZE RIGHT NOW

I have emailed them and they said they may not be restocking due to their prices increasing. He did say they have more mil 1 on the way. I told them that we use mil 3 size in our reborn dolls and that myself and other artists normally order from them. That they had the best price we had found, etc.

He said they will take that into consideration

That was on 12-28-18

8 Likes

:open_mouth: oh nooo don’t say that @jlesser!!

1 Like

I use the MIL 4 30-40 grit from Abrasive Armory.

1 Like

Newbie question: so the fine glass beads that I ordered from BB are too small? They are definitely not 3 mm.

1 Like

The ones from bb are okay to use, they’re the right size

1 Like

Thank you!

The bountiful baby beads are mil 3 or 20-30 sieve but $2.99 a pound so it adds up fast

Abrasive armory had that same size for less. They had 15 pound or 25 pound orders.

The 25 pound order was about $39 + about $12 shipping… so about $52 for 25 pounds…

Bountiful Baby would cost about $83 for 25 pounds + shipping.

1 Like

Thank you!

Please let me know if they will restock them :wink:

2 Likes

What??? :cry::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::weary:

1 Like

This is our conversation. The first message is the bottom one… (I hate how it orders messages that way)
Maybe everyone should start emailing and asking when it will be restocked… not sure what the price increase would be though… might end up more than BB… who knows…

5 Likes

Thank you!