A different kind of reborn

In light of the drama from today, I decided to finish up a doll that will stay in my personal collection. It’s kind of a portrait of my daughter, but made in the size of the American Girl dolls.

15 Likes

Kit came from Secrist in case anyone was wondering. Vinyl was the darkest, most horrible shade of orange I have seen in a while. I think it took 10 layers to neutralize.

1 Like

Thanks, I was wondering, lol.

2 Likes

She’s adorbale and beautiful I love her!!

2 Likes

Thank you! The wig is awesome. Should have taken a picture from the back to show all of the colors. Got that off of etsy. :blush:

She’s cute!

1 Like

Lovely doll

1 Like

WOW, I’ve seen that old orange vinyl and it’s a real stinker to work with. What did you neutralize her with?? You did get a nice color!!

1 Like

How lovely! I’ve been looking at those kits, shame they don’t sell them in Europe.
Yours looks soooo much nicer than actual American girl dolls.

1 Like

Thank you. I think it was mostly shades of light blue, then a little green. There ended up being a fine line between neutralizing and turning the kit blue, but I had to go that far to get anything near my daughter’s pale olive complexion.

Thank you, @EnchantedOrphanage. With different vinyl, I wouldn’t mind doing more of these either. Wish they would change it to the nice light vinyl that BB uses.

1 Like

She’s beautiful!

1 Like